Australian resume and cover letter

annelise

Hi Everybody

Both hubby and myself got our resumes written the "Australian way". Got excellent service and results from Nadine Myers from www.NabThatJob.com. She did an excellent job, was very professional but supportive. Gave a lot of personal attention and really walked the extra mile with us. And she is married to a South African :ilikeit: . I can really recommend her. Her email: nadine@nabthatjob.com. She also did our cover letters and they are set out so that you can adjust it to when you are applying for advertised jobs, or applying to recruitment agencies or companies when there has been no specific job advertised.

Hi Everybody

Both hubby and myself got our resumes written the "Australian way". Got excellent service and results from Nadine Myers from www.NabThatJob.com. She did an excellent job, was very professional but supportive. Gave a lot of personal attention and really walked the extra mile with us. And she is married to a South African :) . I can really recommend her. Her email: nadine@nabthatjob.com. She also did our cover letters and they are set out so that you can adjust it to when you are applying for advertised jobs, or applying to recruitment agencies or companies when there has been no specific job advertised.

Thank You! I will keep this till it's time to start job hunting!

:ilikeit:

I'm sure there are several other people, myself included that have considered making use of a service like this.... obvious thing that I'm wondering is what does it cost? (I think it's between $300 and $500 according to her website?)

Is there a major difference in the layout of your original CV and your new CV? Has it simply been chopped and changed to fit the Ozzy format or was it necessary to totally rewrite it?

Hi Everybody

Both hubby and myself got our resumes written the "Australian way". Got excellent service and results from Nadine Myers from www.NabThatJob.com. She did an excellent job, was very professional but supportive. Gave a lot of personal attention and really walked the extra mile with us. And she is married to a South African :) . I can really recommend her. Her email: nadine@nabthatjob.com. She also did our cover letters and they are set out so that you can adjust it to when you are applying for advertised jobs, or applying to recruitment agencies or companies when there has been no specific job advertised.

Not used them myself - but I have seen recommendations for this person http://expatresumedoctor.blogspot.com/

Seems to do it for items on a wish list on Amazon.com rather than direct payment... (need 4 items & most items seem <$20)

I'm sure there are several other people, myself included that have considered making use of a service like this.... obvious thing that I'm wondering is what does it cost? (I think it's between $300 and $500 according to her website?)

Is there a major difference in the layout of your original CV and your new CV? Has it simply been chopped and changed to fit the Ozzy format or was it necessary to totally rewrite it?

Hi Titus

Apparently the cost differs from customer to customer (depending on an individual's years of experience etc). Once you forwarded your current CV to Nadine, she will forward you a quote.

Both our CV's look stunning and totally different. I look so good I will employ myself :). As an "outsider" she focused more on facts and presented it in a fresh and "to the point" way. In my case she asked a lot of questions and read through masses of my notes. She did use my inputs but the end result was nothing like my previous resume. It is very well "put together", highlighting the important stuff. Naturally some info from my old CV was used but presented in a very effective way.

Hubby used his old CV to apply for positions in Aus (knowing that chances are slim if you are not there yet, but testing the waters) and barely got generic responses back! The first positions he applied for using Nadine's version, he got responses and even agents calling him!

There is quite a few testimonials from other satisfied customers on her website as well.

Apparently the cost differs from customer to customer (depending on an individual's years of experience etc). Once you forwarded your current CV to Nadine, she will forward you a quote.

That sounds very fair, and probably much better than a straight fee if you have got a lot of info already on your CV.

I also imagine it is a lot like using an agency - if you are going to pay out money to get an agency take the strain for you rather use one that comes with good references from people - rather than someone who may be a little cheaper but in the end may not provide as good a service and could cause you more stress.

Archived