457 APPLICATION RE: MEDICALS?

Frenchie

Hi all

We have received the nomination approval number from our sponsor and was advised by the agent to apply for the visa.

Yesterday I applied online but think i made a balls up and need some clarity and advice from anyone who applied online and went through this procedure!

QUESTIONS:

1. When I paid via credit card and lodged the application, it said Long Stay Business Visa Primary! (is that right or did i apply for the wrong visa?)

2. When I check on the progress of my application I see a printout for all of us and what medicals to go for? For eg Hubby and i must only go for chest exray!, our two sons must go for full medical! Does this mean we can get this done without recieving an email from the department?

3. Where will I send the passports for the visa to be stamped! And how long will it take for us to get the visa as hubby needs to start work very soon!

Any comments and advice will be greatly appreciated!!!

Hi Frenchie

1. I think the full name for a 457 visa is a business long stay visa if you selected:

Temporary Business Long Stay – Standard Business Sponsorship (subclass 457), then it was the correct one from what I understand by your circumstances.

2. Yes, you need to have the xrays submitted with your application. (we did it that way)

3. You only send your passports to be stamped when you receive notification of your application being approved. The passports will be sent to the embassy in Pretoria. If you call them once you have been granted a visa you can confirm procedure with them.

Cheers and all the best

Larry :)

Hi Frenchie,

I have done online applications - for myself and for employees that the company I work for sponsors. You can download and print off the medicals that appear when you check the progress. Children need a full medical, but adults only need the Chest X-Ray. Make an appointment at one of the approved doctors (there is a link to who these are when you download the forms). Get the X-Rays done first and then take them to the doctor that it doing the medicals. Don't send them in yourself - they must be submitted by the medical professional or else they are invalid. The Carstenhof Clinic in Midrand, Gauteng are useless - don't go there for the X-Raysm, as they refuse to send the X-Rays away on your behalf. Perhaps call the doctor that is closest to you and ask him/her to recommend a radiologist insead.

Once the department has received your X-Rays and finished your applciation, you will receive an email advising that your visas are granted, and that you should go to VFS to get them evidenced in your passport. Once again, these addresses will be given at that time.

I hope this helps - shout if you have any more questions!

Cheers

Ajay

Hi there

We only had to do the X Rays and the kids under 12 only had to do the medical. If you are going to be dealing in a medical or school enviroment then you must do a medical also.

We went to an old chap in Kempton Park he was very friendly and we took the soonest appointment. I believe if it is real urgent he will even see you on a Sunday. He is on the approved list on the gov web.

Your visa will be quick. Our medicals took 8 days to get to Aus and then we had our visas 5 days after they acknowledged receipt of them.

We had to take your passports to some place in Rosebank where they stamped the visa. Make sure you getting a tracking number and then you can check the status on line. Also check on weekends ours was granted on a Saturday.

Good Luck

We did out chest X-rays at Olivedale clinic, had them courriered over with DHL and got an email confirming the 457 about 5 days later. We did the visa stamping etc one we got to Oz.

Thank you to all for the comments and advice!

I will definitely let you know when our visas are approved or at least I hope that everything goes smoothly and that we get to OZ!!

REGARDS TO ALL

FRENCHIE