Corned/Pickled Tongue

Cravell

Hi guys

So, I was in Perth over Xmas and was chatting to an Ozzie about Xmas dishes. I mentioned that we (our family) really enjoy tongue, not to mention gammon, lamb, etc. She was quite taken aback with the whole tongue thing :whome: hahaa. She wanted to know how u make it and more importantly where do u buy it.

Of course I responded by saying, well, they are readily availalable in all the "major" supermarkets in SA. :ilikeit:

Well, my question to all the foodie experts out there. Where the H do I find corned tongue in Perth? Needless to say, I tried to find in the shops but wasnt successful. I'm gonna miss my tongue Xmas time :rolleyes:

Any ideas/places I can check out guys?

Thanks

Cravell

Hah....a man after my own heart. :rolleyes::ilikeit::whome:

I willl let you into the secret as to where to buy pickled tongue........the butcher at Currumbine Market Place on Shenton Ave sell pickled tongue.

No always available , but if you ask them, they will tell you when they will have it. So no, you are not going to miss out on anything at Christmas time.

My local Italian deli sell tongue as a cold meat, so I get then to cut it on a 2,5 and prepare it with lots of garlic and parsley and a fantastic dressing, so we never miss out.

Its not just the Ozzie that are horrified at the thought of eating tongue, there are plenty of my South ASfrican Compadres that dont know what they are missing.

YIPPEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes::ilikeit::whome: Cheers Enrica, I knew someone would be able to help here. Oh cool, off Shenton hey? Not too far from us then, excellent!!!!!!!!!!

Ja, I hear what ur saying about lots of SA's who dont eat it. My family is kinda split when it comes to tongue. Half love it and the other half wouldnt be seen anywhere near it!!! hahahaa

Mmmmm, ek is nou sommer lus vir 'n stukkie.

Thanks again

Cravell

Hi Enrica!

Where is the Italian Deli you mention?

Thks

Lee :whome:

The Italian Deli I go to is in Sterling, so a bit of a drive to go for cold meats and antipasto.

What whre you looking for in particular?

The Italian Deli I go to is in Sterling, so a bit of a drive to go for cold meats and antipasto.

What whre you looking for in particular?

Thanks for that! Do you know what it is called?

Not looking for anything in particular - just my bit of Italian blood coming out - just curious to see what they have...

• 5 months later...

Hi Sorry never saw this post. The are 2 delis

1) Balcatta Grow Fresh in Karrinyup road

2) The other is the IGA In Sterling, they have a fantastic Italian deli.

Best veal if you are looking for Osso Buco or Vitello ...Barbaro Bros in Greenwood. Or any other Italian meat. Rabbit Capretto etc. The best Italian Sausages

Archived