Self catering accom

Serendipity

Hiya

We will be staying in the CBD for about 7 days after arrival - 1st night will be at an airport hotel BUT

We don't want to pay top rates thereafter!!!

Where can we go that sleeps 4, cheaply priced and near to or in the CBD, self catering??

Also near to most things if possible and YES the attractions also :ilikeit:

Can someone suggest somewhere?? There has gotta be little cabins somewhere hidden near the CBD . . .

Have a look at Gumtree -> melbourne.gumtree.com.au

Try looking on totaltravel.com.au and also Mara had posted a couple suggestions in a previous thread that seemed pretty reasonable...

We used the following guys and I can really recommend them. Our stay here have been wonderful and they were able to get us the exact kind of property we were looking for just from emails while we were in SA. They do tend to do more long term rentals, but for other people reading this thread who might need furnished accommodation in the suburbs these guys are awesome.

http://www.australianhomeaway.com.au/

Hi There

Leaving for OZ on 27/07/1963

Also using " australiahomeaway " from toataltravel.com.au website , very good service and very friendly, housing also affordable.

Renting a three bedroom house with telephone & internet + all mod cons for $ 700-00 per week

If other people made use of this company please give us your reviews.

Willie

Quest is a self catering accom group that has apartments in most areas. I know of 2 close to the city. The company I work at uses Quest to house new arrivals on work permit visas. Prices range but I think you would be looking at about $600 per week. They look mod, clean and are serviced. Many have a swimming pool as well. Google Quest they have a website with pics and bookings. questapartments.com.au

worth checking Quest Alphington and also phoning as they do offer cheaper deals than offered online. Obviously if you are going to book in for a month or so you will get a better rate anywhere, however I understand you just need a week so don't think you will get a huge discount. Presently advertised at Quest Alphington serviced apartment for 4 people $159 per night.

Um... Quest at $600 a week? Not a chance. Do a check for 4 weeks in April, for anywhere in Melbourne, and you're looking at a minimum of $140 per day... and that's for just 2 people sharing a studio...

Meh... Quest is for company's for sure... not for people looking to save.

We ended up with Darling Towers (www.darlingtowers.net.au). We took a 2-bed place for 45 nights (30+ nights and you get a flat reduced rate) at $110 a night. It's not great... but we can live in it. Encourages us to find somewhere permanent soon...

-G

Archived