TraceJ: Intro, hi all!

TraceJ

Our friend in Australia introduced me to this website after I started bombarding her with loads of questions. I have been around a few weeks having a look around the forum whenever I have had some time, but tonight I am officially introducing myself.

I guess like the majoirty of you, my husband and I decided that best we look into Australia at the time of the power cuts and the rise of dear President Zuma. Did IELTS June 2008 and got other paperwork going during this time. Went to Sydney to do my exam in Nov 2008 alone and have a little look see. Was rather difficult with hubby and leaving our two boys at home. Then we didn't do anything due to finances and not being 100% sure. Then a phonecall from Australia from a friend over there re a possible job over got us going. Gathered the remaining documentation and finally lodged our CSL 175 electonic application on 09/12/2010. Not expecting to hear anything for months, the initial communication that came took us by complete surprise. Did our medicals at the end of December, submitted out PCC on 01/03/2010 and now we wait.......

PArt of me wants to leave and go tomorrow and another part doesn't want to go at all. It is so amazing to see the same emotions that I am feeling expressed in the other forum members.

I am not the best poster with topics - I have never professed to be a writer nor a mathematician. So bear with me if I don't post too much and also if you do not "see" me for a few days running. My schedule is hectic like the majority of you I am sure.

We are more than likley heading for the North Shore area of Sydney...scary...scary...scary!@!!! I am an arachnophobe of note and extremely concerned re the cost of living over there! As well as being miles from my family. We currently have no family over in Aus!

I love this forum! Thank you all for your input.

Trace

Our friend in Australia introduced me to this website after I started bombarding her with loads of questions. I have been around a few weeks having a look around the forum whenever I have had some time, but tonight I am officially introducing myself.

I guess like the majoirty of you, my husband and I decided that best we look into Australia at the time of the power cuts and the rise of dear President Zuma. Did IELTS June 2008 and got other paperwork going during this time. Went to Sydney to do my exam in Nov 2008 alone and have a little look see. Was rather difficult with hubby and leaving our two boys at home. Then we didn't do anything due to finances and not being 100% sure. Then a phonecall from Australia from a friend over there re a possible job over got us going. Gathered the remaining documentation and finally lodged our CSL 175 electonic application on 09/12/2010. Not expecting to hear anything for months, the initial communication that came took us by complete surprise. Did our medicals at the end of December, submitted out PCC on 01/03/2010 and now we wait.......

PArt of me wants to leave and go tomorrow and another part doesn't want to go at all. It is so amazing to see the same emotions that I am feeling expressed in the other forum members.

I am not the best poster with topics - I have never professed to be a writer nor a mathematician. So bear with me if I don't post too much and also if you do not "see" me for a few days running. My schedule is hectic like the majority of you I am sure.

We are more than likley heading for the North Shore area of Sydney...scary...scary...scary!@!!! I am an arachnophobe of note and extremely concerned re the cost of living over there! As well as being miles from my family. We currently have no family over in Aus!

I love this forum! Thank you all for your input.

Trace

Hi Trace, welcome to the forum. I am probably worse than you regarding posting. In fact I disappear for months at a time (ok ok I had a baby in the interim and it wasnt my highest priority to be online). We live on the Northern Beaches and we love it! And I am not that fond of creepy crawlies myself, but my hubby sprays for them every couple of weeks and we generally do not have any issues. good luck!!

HUGE welcome to the forum and all the best with the rest of your application.

Look forward to seeing you around

Regards

S

Hey Trace, Welcome! :wub:

Archived