australian: Introduction

australian

Hi its Robyn and Luke

We will be moving to Australia, once our visa application has been approved, and was wondering if there is anyone living in the North Shore, Sydney from SA who we could eventually meet up with.

We have two children, age 3 and 7, and it would be really nice to meet couples with children who could give us advice on schools, day cares ect.

We are thinking of settling in West Pymble/Gordon or Pymble....any advice on these areas. I believe St Ives is full of South Africans.....we unfortunately couldn't find it when we were over for our "LSD" last year...

Also if anyone has advice on which removal company to use?? We have been in touch with Magna and Pickfords....

:holy:

hi there

Welcome, and good luck with the process going forward...

Unfortunately we still going on our LSD now in Feb and putting our application in, but wanted to say Welcome... :(

Chandi

Hi Robyn and Luke,

I'm in the Hills area, but you may want to PM sa2auz - she's out that way and also has young children. Whatever happens, give us a shout when you land and we'll arrange a get together for all the Sydneysiders!

CHeers

Ajay

Hi Robyn and Luke,

I'm in the Hills area, but you may want to PM sa2auz - she's out that way and also has young children. Whatever happens, give us a shout when you land and we'll arrange a get together for all the Sydneysiders!

CHeers

Ajay

Thanks Ajay......you have no idea what finding this web site has meant for us.....nice to know that there are SA's on the other side who we can contact....think it will make leaving SA that much easier!!

A get together sounds great, will give you a shout when we get there!!

We are thinking of settling in West Pymble/Gordon or Pymble....any advice on these areas. I believe St Ives is full of South Africans.....we unfortunately couldn't find it when we were over for our "LSD" last year...

Also if anyone has advice on which removal company to use?? We have been in touch with Magna and Pickfords....

;)

Hi there

Welcome to the forum. This forum is like Gold and I don't think I would be here if I hadn't found the old one with all the wonderful forumites like Riekie, Mara etc. I have met so many wonderful people when we were moving like Ajay etc on the forum and it all makes the journey so much easier.

We used Crown and we were very impressed. They were great both sides, but we took a full container I think that if you are sending only half you might not get the same urgency as a full.

All I can say is read read read especially the pinnned info etc you will be amazed at how all this chit chat can help even if it is just to settle the nerves.

I hope that all goes well with everything, your kids wont' be a problem, just make friends asap and the kids will do the same.

you will be amazed how many people are in the same boat. All the ones on the forum x 100.

Good Luck

Try Biddulphs.co.za as well, I got a very reasonable quote from them and the guy who came to my house here in Joburg for the assessment, appeared to be very clued up. He's been in the business for more than 30 years and most of his clients are moving to Australia.

Hi its Robyn and Luke

We will be moving to Australia, once our visa application has been approved, and was wondering if there is anyone living in the North Shore, Sydney from SA who we could eventually meet up with.

We have two children, age 3 and 7, and it would be really nice to meet couples with children who could give us advice on schools, day cares ect.

;)

We used Crown - also got quote from Elliott, but decided on Crown as they had offices in Jhb and Sydney and were cheaper.Gone very smoothly so far - we packed on 15th Dec, the container arrived in Sydney on 9th Jan, and we have been told we will get our funriture in 10-14 days time! :ilikeit:

thanks I will give Crown a call.....I am amazed at how quickly your furniture got there....I was told around 3 months!! but then we will probably only take half a container so I believe that takes longer.

Thanks for all the advice