Audi Q7 V12 TDI

Springbok

Now this is a true piece of work, eat that Porsche Cayenne!

Audi is advancing to the cutting edge of diesel technology development. The Ingolstadt brand launched an engine at the Detroit Motor Show which apparently sets new standards in the diesel sector. This engine is the first V12 TDI passenger car engine. The six-litre unit under the bonnet of the Audi Q7 V12 TDI concept car delivers 368 kW :holy: and a formidable 1 000 Nm of torque ;) . The diesel's 368 kW equates to a specific output of 62.0 kW per litre. This means that this high-performance SUV has the dynamism of a powerful sports car. The colossal power of the Audi Q7 V12 TDI takes it into a whole new dimension. A time of 5.5 seconds for the sprint from a standstill to 100 km/h and an electronically governed top speed of 250 km/h put the performance SUV from Audi on a par with high-caliber sports cars. The engine limits its consumption to an average of just 11.9 litres/100 km. :holy:

*sigh* what I would give up to own a set of wheels like this... :cry:;)

Now this is a true piece of work, eat that Porsche Cayenne!

Audi is advancing to the cutting edge of diesel technology development. The Ingolstadt brand launched an engine at the Detroit Motor Show which apparently sets new standards in the diesel sector. This engine is the first V12 TDI passenger car engine. The six-litre unit under the bonnet of the Audi Q7 V12 TDI concept car delivers 368 kW :holy: and a formidable 1 000 Nm of torque ;) . The diesel's 368 kW equates to a specific output of 62.0 kW per litre. This means that this high-performance SUV has the dynamism of a powerful sports car. The colossal power of the Audi Q7 V12 TDI takes it into a whole new dimension. A time of 5.5 seconds for the sprint from a standstill to 100 km/h and an electronically governed top speed of 250 km/h put the performance SUV from Audi on a par with high-caliber sports cars. The engine limits its consumption to an average of just 11.9 litres/100 km. :holy:

*sigh* what I would give up to own a set of wheels like this... :cry:;)

REALLY?

Nice, seen a few here were we live but not the V12. Engine must be tight up front, bit of vaseline to get it in ;) Gotta love diesel. 6L V12, ha ha, I work on 16L V8's but thats in a truck not a car, must go like a ROCKET !!!!!

I would have absolutely no problem driving that Audi, so if anybody out there feels like giving me a present...................

Well, a person can but dream..............

Charl,

wat kos so kar? Dit lyk yummy! :)

Helena g

Wel die 3 liter V6 diesel kos R520,000. En sy 500Nm wringkrag is OORGENOEG!

Die 6 liter V12 diesel is nog nie hier beskikbaar nie, maar glo my hy sal meer as R1 miljoen kos. Dis heeltemal uitspattig, maar die ouens wat diep genoeg sakke het sal verseker so ene aanskaf. Hoekom? Omdat hulle kan. Selfde rede hoekom sommige mense Mount Everest uitklim - omdat hy daar is.

Laat weet my sodra jy vir Andro oorreed het! :D

Do you have to pay extra to have air in the tyres? They look a little flat? :lol:

S

Do you have to pay extra to have air in the tyres? They look a little flat? :angry:

S

Ha-ha! those are just low-profile tyres so the city slickers can show off on the highways. Not sure what anyone would want to do with offroad tyres and a V12 engine in the bush! :blink: maybe Giniel de Villiers can get one of these for next year's Dakar rally, then he'll really kick some butt! But so far he's doing really well in his VW Touareg, let's hope he holds on to the leading position!

• 5 months later...

Hi

I understand that "opening it up" is a thing you just don't do in Aus.

If so, what is the point of a car such as this?

Other than a point of temptation or frustration.

Or is my perception of the law over exaggerated?

Hi Scatterling

No, your perception of the law is not exaggerated.....this is just dreaming thing.....you dream that you can open it up on a wide open road....if you do it in reality and get caught.....oh well, then you had better enjoy a diet of peanuts!!!

Hi

I understand that "opening it up" is a thing you just don't do in Aus.

If so, what is the point of a car such as this?

Other than a point of temptation or frustration.

Or is my perception of the law over exaggerated?

It happens more than you think.

It is slightly over exaggerated in my opinion - The penalties certainly aren't over exaggerated, but the amount of people "opening it up" in Australia is surprising.

It depends on your definition of "opening it up" is. In South Africa you generally don't have the cars with the raw power or torque that they do over here. "Opening it up" in South Africa generally means doing 180 km/h on the highway, that does not need torque, whereas "opening it up" over here occurs more in the form of quick bursts of speed or acceleration, but not many people actually go much over 120.

Besides the laws, penalties and threat of "windgats" getting their cars confiscated, it's not at all uncommon to see somebody pulling away from traffic lights and fish-tailing, or broad-siding a corner. All very clever until you hit a pedestrian or take out a car with kids in it!!

I love cars, and since coming here I bought a powerful one, but I think that fun and games should be held on tracks and farm roads.

Edited by HansaPlease