Posting and P.M.ing

AndreaL

Question

Hi

I seem to be having a real problem this week- twice I have been unable to post or p.m- what could be the problem?

About an hour ago this happened again and I used Facebook to report the problem to a Host as well as answer the post I wanted to- thing is now all is working - does anyone have any ideas?

9 answers to this question

Andrea what operating system are you using and what browser?

Everything is fine our end. Are you not able to log in at all or are you getting error messages when you post/pm? If you could copy & paste the message you get and email it to me, I'll have a look for you. Remember that there is a time limit between posts & PM's for flood control, so if you've been able to make one post/PM and get an error message for the next one, just wait 3 minutes and try again - I get it too and it is annoying, but it is to prevent spammers from getting their little claws into our forum.

Hi

Jordy- I'm a real technophobe but I think the answer is vista and google chrome?

Riekie- I can log in and can read posts etc but when I type my reply or attempt to pm and hit Add reply or send message, I am sent to the index page of the forum with all the forum categories, no error message or anything and my reply is not posted.

I am not getting flood control and sometimes I am unable to post for an hour or more and then suddenly everything is O.K.

I just feel like a real pest for contacting you and another host through Facebook to report the problem, only to have to contact you again to say everything is fine.

It can't be my server as I am fine on any other site.

Confusing

I'm almost sure we had another member with the same problem a while ago and I'm thinking Jordy was the one who could help. In the meantime, you could try to clean out your cache (don't ask me how it's done :lol: ) but this has helped members previously with other problems and is a good thing for your PC anyway.

Jordy is quite the guru on these things - maybe send him a PM if he does not respond to your post here soon enough. Hendie is the big guru if all else fails, but I suggest you Email him at hendie at saaustralia dot org - he does not surf the forum as often as us but will surely open his email.

Hope you get it sorted - whatever the answer, it would be good to know for future reference.

No problem at all. The reason I asked for you OS and Browser software is because I am running Win 7 and the recent v3.6 upgrade Firefox released is causing me compatibility problems with the forum software. When I use MS IE, I have no issues. I was just wondering if your situation was similar. Could I ask for you to use MS Internet Explorer when browsing the forum for a while and then report back if you still have the same issues?

This will need to be an issue that Hendie looks at for us.

Jordy

I think you have the answer- I have just tried to post using google chrome and have the same problem- now I am on Internet explorer, so if you see this response you are right- I will also clean up the p.c.

'n Vriendin wat nuut op die forum is kan glad nie post nie, nie reply nie en ook nie 'n pm stuur nie. Sy wil by my weet hoekom nie, ek kan nie help nie, kan een van julle dalk help asb? Sy het sopas aangesluit.

What is her name blossom? Her account still has to be validated.

Archived