Advice on where to stay in Brisbane on l.s.d./validation Trip

avi

We are on our way to Brisbane on our visa validation/l.s.d trip for 3 weeks on the 25th of Feb ;)

Its our very first trip to Aus and we need some advice from people in Brisbane on where to stay please.

Our family unit consists of hubby,wife,daughter(5) and son(1).Having been granted a 160 business visa,this trip will not only be leisure but work too.Lots to finalise and set up before we come over permanently.

Here is my dillema...Do we stay in the city or rather near the sea and commute?We are planning to hire a vehicle as soon as we arrive so transport will not be a problem.

For business purposes it may be wiser to stay in the city but this could be real boring for our two little restless kids.We have found a place in Fortitude Valley for a real reasonable rate of around 400 dollars a week for a self catering apartment.Its a place called Balhouse Apartments..any one knows this place or can recommend it?In the pics it looks fairly decent and clean but first hand experience is better.

On the other hand...I have been checking out the holiday apartments in Redcliffe and they seem to look real attractive and great for the kids...especially in the evening to keep them entertained.I found a self catering place called Pale Pacific Holiday Units situated in Margate on the beach which looks great.The rates are exactly the same as the city apartment.Anyone knows Margate and what its like for keeping kids happy and occupied???I dont mind the driving but I dont want to go too far down or up the coast because I might have to commute everyday to the city for business purposes.Is Redcliffe a good place to stay or maybe should I look in Redlands or would it be better to stay in the city???My main concern is to keep the kids happy and occupied for the 3 weeks there while I am busy setting us up for moving permanently and starting off or buying a business.There is nothing worse :holy: than 2 miserable kids on an overseas trip

I can't help you as i do not know Brisbane Central well. Fortitude Valley VERY trendy. Nightclubs, trendy boutiques, bars. Dont know about the kids. Maybe more suburban would be better? Perhaps pm Nadine as she knows Brisbane really well.

Thanks for the advice.Looking forward to meeting you at the coffee club.Lots and lots to ask you about Brisbane.You have been a great help so far :):DB)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Avi,

Any luck with Balhouse Apartments. We're going in March 2007 for our LSD trip and Balhouse seems to be a good place to stay. Anyone here familiar with it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.