Help from the Mac guru's out there

Serendipity

Hiya Mac/IT Guru's

My home camcorder is not compatible to view the videos on my mac, so i had to download VLC in order to view them.

They are all .MPG videos.

All grand and dandy but now i have hit a speedhump . . .

I am in the process of doing a photo and video iDVD for a friend of mine, all the pics, titles etc are there BUT now i can't get the videos on the DVD - the last bit that needs doing!! I know how to get them where i want them but its not reading the format.

I have tried to put them into iTunes, which is ideally where they should be for this process but having NO LUCK :)

How do i get .MPG home movies to read in iTunes and save them in the Movies section of this application???

I have searched the internet but to be honest it is all way to advanced for me. I like things to just work.

Appreciate ANY HELP . . . I am desperate :)

What you can look at is Perian (http://perian.org/), it's a quicktime plugin that supports all the formats out there. that way you don't need VLC.

As far as iTunes goes, you can try and drag and drop the movies onto itunes. I have never tried this though. iTunes don't usually play mpg movies, it plays mp4 movies or ipod format movies. With perian you should be able to open the movie and then select save as.....

PM me if you have any more questions, I've been using macs since 2000 so i might know a couple of tips and tricks.

Thank CD for that - i have downloaded it - now what?

When i click on the MPG, I say open with and Perian is ghosted, wont let me select it?????

ps: Hows things going?

Archived