Kevinw: An introduction; 6 months in Aus

Kevinw

Hi There from Kevin and Shelley

We've been in Sydney for 6 months now, so an introduction is overdue. I stumbled on this forum now that I'm on leave and had time to surf the net a bit.

I was lucky enough to get a work transfer to Sydney and we got permanent residence visas. These first 6 months have gone by so quickly. It's been an emotional rollercoaster and a steep learning curve, but all in all a good experience and the right decision to make.

I can't overstate what an important role Skype has played in making the immigration easier. To be able to speak to and see family back in SA using Skype has made it much easier.

We don't have kids yet, which in some respects makes the immigration easier, but on the other hand we miss out on the opportunities to meet people that having kids brings.

We would love to help other new immigrants before or after they arrive in whatever way we can.

Regards

Kevin & Shelley

Hi there Kevin and Shelly,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your descision to move. Having your employer sponsor you must have made a huge difference. Mandy and I will be coming over soon for a LSD visit (hopefully by April - fingers crossed).

I see you guys are from Randburg. Where abouts in Randburg did you live. We are currently in Ferndale.

Having been there for 6 months means that you can really contribute to this site.

All the best.

Russell & Mandy

Hi There.

We stayed in Sharonlea, not far from Ferndale.

Look us up when you come over in April. Happy to show you around.

Regards

Kevin

Thank you Kevin, we will definately do that. We will keep the site updated of our movements.

Regards

Russell

WELCOME!! Hope you enjoy it here!

We will be coming to Sydney 21/3-01/04 for an LSD, if you would like to meet up.

We don't have kids yet, which in some respects makes the immigration easier, but on the other hand we miss out on the opportunities to meet people that having kids brings.

Totally know what you mean, we also don't have kids but have 2 beagles.

Cheers

D

Cool. Welcome on the forum.

I look foward to learning from your experience.

Cheers

Hi Kevin

The first year is a very important year and your contribution to aspirant immigrants is huge.

Welcome!

Welcome, and congratulations for offering assistance to other future settlers!

Hi Kevin and Shelley

We will also be moving to Australia sometime during the year, and although we have kids, would love to meet other couples in Sydney. Where about are you living in Sydney??

I will be honest I am not looking forward to leaving everyone back here, but I do think it is the right thing for my kids. I am Australian (altho I have lived in SA most of my life), but we are getting prepared the the emotional rollercoaster we are about to experience.

Robyn & Luke

Hi Kevin & Shelley

We arrived in Sydney on Tuesday! So far it has been a mad rush to organise a long term rental and child care - also looking for a a decent car. We are staying in Milsons Point at the moment - would love to chat about your experience of Sydney - my cel number is 040 942-9394.

Cheers

Gerhard