Advice for new arrivals

Joeemm

Hi all,

I'm happy to say that my wife and I are settling in very nicely, thanks again for all the advice we got from the forum. I also managed to get a really nice job and this will be my 3rd month with the company

We really found Perth a very nice place to live so far.

But we recently met a couple who are here on a work contract and they seem to be having a tough time, what with missing family etc. they found xmas really hard. I wonder if anyone can suggest some ideas to help them settle in. We're aiming to keep in regular contact, by meeting for coffee or chating on the phone from time to time.

Are there any plans for another Perth geet together sometime? Or if a couple of people want to get together for coffee, I can try get these guys to come along, just to broaden their contacts?

What do people think?

:ilikeit:

Hi Joeemm

You will be blessed if you take them under your wing. I have been doing so for 13 years now, most of the time, very rewarding, and I do not mean in $ terms.

We had a complete stranger from this site with us on Christmas Day, as I could not imagine anybody spending the day alone. We meet so many SA's, some stay in contact a while, some disappear, and some become lifelong friends, and here where we have no family, they become like family.

Unfortunately I live in Melbourne, but I am sure the others in Perth will respond to your message!

I would support your idea of a get together in Perth , been in Oz for 1 year now but only been in Perth for 3weeks, relocated from the east coast. :)

hi Im Debbie

I resently arrived in Sydney, just short of a month & would like to make contact with someone! : It's just my husband & I, as we have left our 2 daughters 22 & 20 yrs behind. We live on the Northern Shores in Turramurra. Look forward to hearing from someone!!!!

Hi All,

Thanks for the replies, welcome to Perth those who newly arrived (if I can say that yet, I'm not sure)

I'll try keep in touch via the forum and who knows maybe even set something up.

Chat soon

Hi Debbire,

My name is Tania and we have been here in Sydney for nearly 2 years. We live in Killarney Heights and if you would like to meet for a coffee, just let me know. Turramurra is about 15 - 20 minutes away from me and we have friends that live there as well.

Cheers

Blondie

Hi Parsons Family

I actually forgot to check if anyone replied to my question, I guess work etc. got a bit hectic, I'm sorry I missed it. We did however get to go play underwater hockey with Neil and Vanessa (the new guys I wrote about) on Monday evening, and they did seem to enjoy it.

Hopefully we can make the next one :-)

Hey Joeem

Where were you on Sunday? :blink:

Cheers

Gaille

Hi Tania

just seen ur message, really trying 2 make some friends, stuck 2 the house, no car at the moment..getting a bit bored..so having coffee sounds great, anytime! Plus 2 fined people in Turramurra also sounds good.So just let me know, either on the forum or ph me 94889186

Debbie