IMMIGRATION AGENTS??

QueenBianca

Hi again everyone,

I just wanted to ask anyone and everyone if they went through an immigration agent,

and if they were successful. :ilikeit:

Who was the agent? and could you please refer him/ her here on this post for the rest of us

struggling south africans :(

Hi! We started with an agent and ended up doing the entire application ourselves because once we hit a slight curveball, the agents just said we'd never get in. Once you start to research the Australian websites and relevant authorities, you'd be amazed at how user-friendly the entire process really becomes! We paid Network Migration Services R15000 three years ago and I must say, not only is using an agent prohibitively expensive, but you won't find (well I certainly didn't, but then again I cannot speak for all agents!) they are prepared to go the extra mile for you in spite of amazing promises made at the seminars.

However, having said that, if you know that your application is complicated, maybe it'll be a good idea to check out advice from someone in the know and perhaps the only one in the know might be an agent! Whatever you decide, good luck and remember the amazing people on this forum who are only too happy to share their wealth of expertise!

Hi QB,

I agree with sa2oz, you can do everything yourself and many members on this forum will be able to guide you in the right direction.

But just to start you off with, you may want to speak to one of the consultants at Hitchcock & Associates, who will look at your qualifications, work experience, etc. and tell you what your chances are and what visa to apply for. If you are interested, contact Sandra Kryfstowiak, their SA Marketing Manager on 031-2083355 or by email hitchsf@worldonline.co.za. Costs about R600 for an hour's session. But you are under no obligation to make use of their full services. As sa2oz said, it can be quite expensive. H&A are very professional and I can only praise them for their services rendered to me. Their MD, Cecil Bass, is originally from Johannesburg.

Cheers

Charl

PS - from H&A's Nov./Dec. 2006 newsletter:

With our firm’s 20th anniversary rapidly approaching some of us that have been here for many years may be excused for a little reminiscing and recalling days of old. While it is entirely appropriate to keep our clients names and details private, we were delighted to note the pending marriage of a couple who were young children when we originally did their parents’ migration cases many years ago. One family came from America under Australia’s Distinguished Talent migration category while the other family came from South Africa. Both families have remained close to our firm over many years and have personally referred many clients to us. Now we see those children have grown into adulthood, meeting up and getting married here in Australia. Just goes to show how satisfying and rewarding our professional work with clients can be when these events occur, and the impact our work has on people’s lives. We shall wait and see...

Edited by Springbok