Obtaining SA Police Clearance when in Australia

Miss Piggy

Hi Everybody!

Just like to know how do you obtain SA police clearance if you are living in Australia already and when is it necessary to obtain Police Clearance for Australia.

Thanks for your help!

HI Bolero,

You need to make an appointment to visit a police station that does 'ink' fingerprints (not the digital variety as these aren't accepted by SAP). Once you've got them, then you can courier that, with the completed paperwork. to the SAP office in PTA. For more information, click on the link below.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/character-...ments/index.htm

The address for where to send all the completed documentation is on the Form 47p -available via the link above as well.

Alternatively, you can contact Bunnyhop (www.bunnyhop.co.za) and they will handle the submission and chasing up on your behalf. They charge R400 for the service, but from what I've heard, it is well worth it.

GOod luck!

AJay

We did ours from Australia using Bunnyhop. From the day we couriered the docs to the day we had the certificates in our hands = 45 Days! :)

Hi there

I went to Springfield Police Station, they called the SAPS Crim Dept and they confirmed its acceptable. I sent mine to my family members there who took it in by hand and within 6 weeks it was collected and sent to me. NO PROBLEM

It cost me $42 to do them and then the postage.