How can a reduce a pdf file size

Sibella

I have uploaded most of our documents, just need to upload 2 form 80's but the file size too big. I've split it in half so its only 4 pages but its still too big.

Any advice?

I have broken our PDF files down into one-page files, and uploaded one page at a time....

Use PrimoPDF....works like a charm and you can print anything to PDF with this and makes it much smaller (eg, scanned docs and photos, etc)

Plus you can combine multiple docs into one PDF.....O, it's FREEEEEE.

http://www.primopdf.com/index.aspx

Regards,

Thanks - I've made them into 2 page files and that worked, but have some more to do tomorrow so will definitely try primopdf - I have a pdf writer but its not as good.

aaaaaahhhh the wonders of the internet... :thumbdown:

You have to have the full version of Adobe Acrobat. You are welcome to send them to me and I'll reduce for you and send it back. If you want to do this, PM me.

Cheers!

NIX

• 2 weeks later...
Use Winzip to compress the files further.

see following from immi website:

"Compressed files

The department is not able to accept files that have been compressed. A compressed file is a container for documents, programs or other files that have been packaged together and reduced in size.

A common example are files compressed using WinZip® with a ‘.zip’ file extension. If the document you are attempting to attach is too large we recommend that you create a PDF document.

See: https://createpdf.adobe.com/

Hi,

It is a balance between size and quality. No matter what application you use, you will get to a stage where you will loose quality for the sake of making the file smaller.

You can effectively not go smaller than 150dpi - that would take the page size to about 450-700kb per page, if you combine all the pages you WILL sit with a file that is too big for uploading on the Imm site.

The best option is to name/number each page in order and uploading each individual page.

tip: It is also good to print a page out before you upload it. Sometimes the quality looks good on your computer screen, but is not readable when you print it due to the file size/quality being too small/low.

AV&RM

Archived