Dentist urgently looking for a job

Kangabok

Our friends in the UK encountered a major hick-up with their current workpermit which seems to be a technical mistake made by the tax dept; however to make it short, he had to stop practice immediately as his current workpermit is not valid due to that and is now looking at all options : Europe, Ireland, NZ and Australia.

He is a very experienced and excellent dentist (I can speak of personal experience!) with wonderfull "chairside" manners and is very committed to his work; he has UK registration and practiced in the UK for the past 4 years up to January 2010 when all of this happened. He is busy packing up there and in the meanwhile urgently searching for a new job.

Please pm me if anybody know of any position available in Australia.

sorry, I forgot to say he is a South African who qualified in South Africa at Tukkies.

Dear Kanga,

I know of people that may be able to help. I will pm you with the details.

Regards, Pippa! X

Hello

You are welcome to PM us as well. My husband works as a dentist in Cairns, and they are always looking for more dentist in Northern Queensland. There are 7 South African dentists currently working for Queensland Health in Cairns.

Good luck with your decisions.

BB

Our friends in the UK encountered a major hick-up with their current workpermit which seems to be a technical mistake made by the tax dept; however to make it short, he had to stop practice immediately as his current workpermit is not valid due to that and is now looking at all options : Europe, Ireland, NZ and Australia.

He is a very experienced and excellent dentist (I can speak of personal experience!) with wonderfull "chairside" manners and is very committed to his work; he has UK registration and practiced in the UK for the past 4 years up to January 2010 when all of this happened. He is busy packing up there and in the meanwhile urgently searching for a new job.

Please pm me if anybody know of any position available in Australia.

Hello

He needs to have his qual assessed by ADA

Then he can work here.If he does not have ADA recognition he will have to work in the regional areas till he clears the exam.

cheers

Hi

In this week I ran into a lady that is a dentis in South Aus - work for goverment until she has all her papers "made Aus".

I have send the post link to her to have a look - if possible she will let you know of anything.

Jaco

On my friend's behalf and from me, a BIG thank you to all. He is awaiting final clarification end of this week re his options (if any!) in the UK, and if it is a definite no, he will start to look at all other options. They also bought a house in the UK, so he is trying all the stops to stay!

• 2 months later...

SAffer dentists need to do a very difficult 7 day exam before they can practice in Australia, unless they are sponsored by one of the state governments. In this case they can work immediately under supervision until they do the exam at a later stage.

There is a type of loop hole where dentists can go to NZ and work there without an exam and after a 2 or 3 years they will be accepted in Australia without the exam.

Archived