457 visa questions Please help

Bianca S

Hi, I am posting on behalf of a friend living in UK. They are from Zim and have been here for 5 years. They just had an offer from a company in Sydney for a job - on MODL list. (I am only up to date with PR 136 requirements, which is what we are planning)

Now, without reading all 457 postings, I hope you can give me a few pointers. They are saying they will be in OZ by April, I KNOW this is impossible and I need to give them advice. They are very excited and want to give notice with landlord, etc - and I need some facts so they won't do it, to tell them it is not that straight fw.. :blush:

details:

1. Their Zim passports are expiring shortly, also they don't have passport for new baby yet..... :(

2. They will need to do IELTS tests? is this needed for 457 visa?

3. Does he need to have a TRA assessment of his trade for the 457 visa? or only references?

4. He recently had a back injury and was off from work for 3 months and is still not 100% -Does he need a full medical check like for 136 visa?

5. Do they need full/unabridged marriage cert's and birth cert's?

6. Do they also need police checks for both Zim and UK, last 10 years?

Thanks a lot. :holy:

Bianca

Edited by Bianca.UK

It is true, your friend can be in Aus by April. 457 visas are real quick and are temp visas.

Ok to answer some of your questions:

1. I believe that a person's passport needs to be valid for the period of the visa (normally 457 visas are 4 year visas. They will have to get passport for baby asap.

2. They don't need to do IELTS at all for 457.

3. TRA assessment is also not neccesary for 457

4. No full meds like 136, only chest xray for TB is required for 457 visa.

5. Don't need full birth certificates for 457 visa.

6. No police checks as well.

So all in all this is a really easy visa as you don't need much as for a 136 visa. ONly thing is it is a temp visa. But while they are in Aus they can start applying for skilled visa (pr visa) if they qualify.

Cheers

D

wow, thanks Dedrei, :blush: thats excellent news!! Will jump on phone first thing in the morning and tell them good news! Their sponsor told them they need some kind of certificate, I thought it wasa TRA one, must be something else. Just hope they can get a passport for baby soon.. and can take long from Zim if its like SA at all :((

eks veronderstel om te studeer, maar boer op die forums :holy::lol::huh:

Edited by Bianca.UK

enigste ding wat hulle heel moontlik sal wil hê, is 'n Trade Certificate as hy ambag het.

Hi Bianca,

Just a couple of minor corrections on Deidre's advice - you do need the full birth certificate for any accompanying children for the 457, and passports need only be valid at time of application. They recommend that they are valid for 6 months from date of travel, but that's all.

Cheers

Ajay

Hi again,

SOrry - I didn't explain myself clearly enough :huh: Full birth certificates are only needed for any dependant children included on the application. The primary applicant and partners need passports only :o

Ajay