Blue Mountains day visit

Sharon

Hi

We will be in Sydney for a few days in April for a conference. We have booked on a delegates tour for a day trip to the Blue Mountains & Jenolan Caves at a cost of $150 each which when paying in Rands is quite expensive.

Being from KZN, the Berg is our favourite holiday destination. How do the Blue Mountains compare? Is it worth the money and the time or will we be disappointed. The Caves look beautiful but we don't want to pay $300 to see them unless the Mountains are also good.

I have family in Sydney that I haven't seen for a year so I'm also wondering if I should rather spend more time with them.

Thanks

Sharon

I've done two Blue Mountains tours in my time.

In my opionion they are overrated and certainly will not compare to the Drakensburg. They also tend to go to overcrowded areas. Some of the add ons are well worth it, you may go see an Australian animal park and get to cuddle a kohala.

When I first went to Sydney the best thing I did was go on a Sydney harbour cruise. The one I wnt on lasted two hours and was really worth it. You will not have seen anything like Sydney harbour in South Africa.

Have fun

Thanks for this. I think we'll give it a miss. Family is more important and they really don't sound too great. We won't be able to do the add on's as we'll be on a tour. We have been to Sydney before so have done all the usual touristy things. I think it's one of the most beautiful cities in the world. Now to find some things we haven't done there.

Thanks again

Archived