trekarbeider: State Sponsorship Granted South Australia

trekarbeider

Hi all,

Have been reading and gathering so much info from the forum, but this is our first post.

Sooo excited... we were granted state sponsorship from the South Australian Gov today!!!! Just had to share it with some folk who would understand!!

A small step closer to our new exciting future!!!

The agent says the state sponsored visas are being prioritised at the moment, and that the rest of our provisional PR application should take approx

7 months.

Still have our house to sell... and some loose ends to tie up before we can go, but its coming closer each day.

We have 2 young sons eldest is 3 and a half and the other is one year old.

Will be heading to Adelaide, I am a Massage Therapist/ Beauty Therapist, and hubby a Transport/Logistics Manager.

Anybody else heading to Adelaide and surrounds?

We dont have any family or contacts in OZ, also not doing an LSD, Just going excitedly in full faith that we are doing the right thing for us and the kids!!

Thanx for all the FAB tips and advice on the forum, I have learnt soooo much from just reading.

Congrats .... Not long now and before you know it, it will all be over!! Did for my boys too , 4 yr and 16 months.

Good-luck for the rest of your application

Hi Trekarbeider

Firstly congrats on the state acceptance.

We also applied for SA state sponsorship (accepted) and 2 weeks ago we got our 176 PR visa for SA.

We are going over on the 20 March 2010 for our visa validation trip and will be moving over early next year.

We were also not going to do any trip over before and go over with faith but we got a big surprise when our

visa was approved and we have to validate it before June so too little time to sort things out hence the validation / holiday

we are now doing.

We will be in Adelaide for 12 days doing all our research, opening bank accs, registering for medicare.....etc and then for a

few days in Melbourne to visit friends.

When we get back i will put our trip experience & findings for Adelaide on the forum for you and others to see.

Ali

Hellooooooooooooooo and Welcome to the forum

CONGRATS on your SS - your one step closer to Australia :ilikeit:

Hi Ali,

Wow thats all very exciting!!! Would love to hear about your experience in Adelaide when you return.

How long do you have to validate your visa ( is it 6 months or a year?)

And how long did your process take from SS being approved to Visa.

Best of luck and enjoy your surprise LSD and validation trip!!!

Linda

Hi everybody,

Thanks for all the good wishes and encouragement!!!

Hope to meet some of you at the JHB get together on sunday.

Thanx Linda

Hi all,

Have been reading and gathering so much info from the forum, but this is our first post.

Sooo excited... we were granted state sponsorship from the South Australian Gov today!!!! Just had to share it with some folk who would understand!!

The agent says the state sponsored visas are being prioritised at the moment, and that the rest of our provisional PR application should take approx

7 months.

Still have our house to sell... and some loose ends to tie up before we can go, but its coming closer each day.

Will be heading to Adelaide, I am a Massage Therapist/ Beauty Therapist, and hubby a Transport/Logistics Manager.

We dont have any family or contacts in OZ, also not doing an LSD, Just going excitedly in full faith that we are doing the right thing for us and the kids!!

Thanx for all the FAB tips and advice on the forum, I have learnt soooo much from just reading.

Hey,

Congratulations. Such an exciting time.. We live in Adelaide. And love it.. Took a while to settle - but couldnt be happier.. Great family life here!!

We also landed here with no contacts - no referrences, no family - so can be a little trying. Also didnt do a LSD either -just landed and made it happen..We'd be happy to help out!! Just gotta shout! :ph34r:

Hey,

Congratulations. Such an exciting time.. We live in Adelaide. And love it.. Took a while to settle - but couldnt be happier.. Great family life here!!

We also landed here with no contacts - no referrences, no family - so can be a little trying. Also didnt do a LSD either -just landed and made it happen..We'd be happy to help out!! Just gotta shout! :ilikeit:

Thanx for your reply!!!

Great to hear of others that have done it , and survived the first couple of months.

Will definitely contact you when we are closer to leaving.

If I may ask, Where in Adelaide have you settled, renting, buying??

On what visa did you go,? and do you have kids??

We are so excited.

Many Thanx

Linda

Hi all,

7 months.

Thanx for your reply!!!

Great to hear of others that have done it , and survived the first couple of months.

Will definitely contact you when we are closer to leaving.

If I may ask, Where in Adelaide have you settled, renting, buying??

On what visa did you go,? and do you have kids??

We are so excited.

Many Thanx

Linda

Hi Linda,

Yeah once you get over the fisr few months of learning the ropes, life is good!:-) Look forward to hearing from you!

We came in on a 457 Visa - sponsored. So are renting a house off hubby's boss. Was just easier that way! We shipped a container of furniture over that was dispatched about 10 days after we got here, so didnt really have time to look around.

We are in Walkerville at the moment, but hope to move by the end of the year - to our own place(if your looking at a map - its pretty close to the city)

Yep, got 2 kids, aged 7 and 9, boy and girl.

You got kids Linda?

I am sure that you will all be happy here. It is a small city, laid back and easy going. Just what we needed!

:wacko::angry:

Archived