Favourite Australian Foods

CandiceM

Yum!! Making me hungry with all this talk of food! :whome:

I know its not rocket science or anything - but I made 'damper' last night - and the family LOVED it!! Its great dunked in sauce or gravy :whome::whome: or just on its own.. yum yum

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Cheesecake Shops!

also

I went specifically to Coles yesterday to buy the "Ultimate Choc Chip Cookies" as recommended in this thread - WOW! They are decadent.... :)

what about buying oxtail so cheap..........I have never eaten so much oxtail in all the years living in RSA

Berri pineapple juice and mango long life, cous cous salads, turkish take aways, the chinese and specifically Thai food, masaman curry (?) Fast food pizza after a night out being sold in the shops, being able to go shopping late night, shops stays open till 12 like woolies, public transport etc

what about buying oxtail so cheap..........I have never eaten so much oxtail in all the years living in RSA

HAH, HAH.....too true MANDYL! Yes, generally ALL MEAT!!! Roasts used to be a treat in CPT, but here, you can have it

twice a week or more if you feel like it!! :rolleyes:

Erica

HAH, HAH.....too true MANDYL! Yes, generally ALL MEAT!!! Roasts used to be a treat in CPT, but here, you can have it

twice a week or more if you feel like it!! :)

Erica

Yip, roast meat is quite cheap - paid $11.00 for a 2 kg deboned pork shoulder roast just this evening - and often buy deboned leg of lamb and beef roasts, because it is so reasonable. Just a note, always look for the orange sticker on Woolies produce, it says "reduced" and usually the price is half of the original. It isn't inferior or past the sell-by date either. I very seldom by anything that isn't reduced, unless I need something specifically and save myself a fortune.

Also don't you just love the range of cheeses in the supermarket - and antipasta yum and turkish bread - oh bother, let me stop now, I'm getting hungry.

Had such a giggle at Simpsons "Hugh Jackman" - Classic

Thanks for all your favourite foods, looking forward to be able to try them myself one of these fine days!!!

:ilikeit:

Am finding it a bit of a struggle to get some vegetarian food here in Perth (I know, people look at me funny when I say I'm a vegetarian, and it's usually followed up with a "But you eat chicken right?").

I have found some veggie options (soy based products) at Woolies and Coles, but not nearly the variety we had at woolies (I miss Frys stirfry strips!) On the plus side, the choccies here taste much better, yum! :ilikeit:

• 2 months later...

This is a very interesting post :)

Our main diet here is chicken .. meat of course being so flippin expensive ! how is it price wise ?

We found a packet of Tim Tams in our Local Checkers Hyper, it was R35-99, but we thought what the heck lets have a taste of whats waiting for us in Oz.

Delicioussss!!!.... no need to mention that with the 3 men in my life the packet didnt last more than a couple of hours!!!

Archived