How long can you be out of country after PR stamped?

Bianca S

Hi

We are hoping to apply for our PR with visa 136 asap, and want to start the process in the mean time before any changes to the points and shortage list. The plan is to go to Oz when visa is granted and get it stamped (only myself and husband, kids will be in UK), come back to UK and I finish my studies.

1... How long can you be out of Oz if you have Perm Residence? We don't want the visa to expire...

2....Can we then apply for children's PR dependent visas a few months before we actually move to Oz -

3....is this much more expensive to do our visas and children's seperate.

Its just when we go over to get it stamped, we want to go for about 10 days to visit Victoria and South Austr, backpacks and tents only, and kids will be looked after in UK by friend, so their passports won't be stamped.

sorry so many questions, hope somebody can help. :ilikeit:

Bianca

Edited by Bianca.UK

ok, just saw this -

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-ski...-visa-works.htm

Visa validity period

This visa is a permanent residence visa. As a permanent resident you are permitted to remain in Australia indefinitely. This visa also allows you to travel to and enter Australia for five (5) years from the date the visa is granted. The expiry of this visa does not affect your permanent resident status if you are in Australia. However, if you wish to continue to travel to and from Australia as a permanent resident after the initial visa has expired, you must obtain a Resident Return Visa (RRV). Your eligibility for an RRV will depend on the period that you have resided in Australia.

Does this mean I only need a RRV visa after the 1st 5 years are over? So I can just come to Oz, get my 136 visa stamped, leave for up to 5 years? thanks

• 1 month later...
Hi

We are hoping to apply for our PR with visa 136 asap, and want to start the process in the mean time before any changes to the points and shortage list. The plan is to go to Oz when visa is granted and get it stamped (only myself and husband, kids will be in UK), come back to UK and I finish my studies.

1... How long can you be out of Oz if you have Perm Residence? We don't want the visa to expire...

http://ptlabs.topcities.com/faq0.html#rrv004

http://ptlabs.topcities.com/faq0.html#rrv005

2....Can we then apply for children's PR dependent visas a few months before we actually move to Oz -

Not sure why your children won't be included in your initial skilled visa application. They should be.

3....is this much more expensive to do our visas and children's seperate.

Your dependant children should be declared in your application, even if they won't be migrating to Australia. I would suggest that you talk through your situation with a registered migration agent if you're still unsure of your visa strategies for your whole family.

Peter

Edited by ptlabs