Pietie: Newb

Pietie

Hi all

Still in SA. Investigating settling in ACT on Skills sponsorship on 176 or 475 visas. Still in early application stages. Hoping to write IELTS next month. Lots of research to do still.

Family-wise - my wife, daughter and I will be moving. My son will probably finish his studies first.

Reasons for leaving SA: Let's not go there.

Cheers

Gert & Lynne

Welcome!

Just one short note: ACT doesn't offer a 475 visa. The 475 is a regional visa, i.e. outside of the big cities, (except for Adelaide, go figure), and since ACT is basically just Canberra there's no "regional".

Adelaide was never a popular choice for immigrants. That's the reason for Adelaide been considered a "regional" area.

It's becoming more popular now and lots of immigrant families love it, from reading the posts on this forum.

Welcome to the forum !!

Adelaide is lovely!...have friends that side..they say its a city with a small-town feel.

Good luck with the process :whome:

Welcome Pietie

Wish you a smooth application, and looking forward to see lots more from you and the family on the Forum.

Welcome!

Stranded

Thanks, all. Much appreciated.

Thanks for the clarification, PieterK. I see you must be in the IT industry with the ACS assessment in your signature. Will probably touch you later for more info on ACS assessments.

Cheers

Gert

Archived