1 Guest reading when I am reading posts

HouseInOz

Question

Whenever I read on the Forum any post, I notice that there always is a GUEST also reading? Is this normal? We have had a number of security scares and breaching of internet protocol, therefor I am not sure what is happening.

5 answers to this question

Hi there

At the moment there are 10 guests and 22 member on the forum.

I think that some people prefer to remain guests until they have read as much info as they can on the forum and then they join so that they can post and introduce themselves.

This is a public forum, you do not have to be a member to read it, you just have to be a member to make a post in it. That is why we always caution folks to think before they post, as it is open to the world.

Also, a lot of the time "guests" might not be actual humans, they might be automatic bots, spiders or crawlers (almost like robots) from search engines like google or yahoo.

These are "friendly robots" and are actually good for a website - the more the better because it helps to index a site's pages to make it easy to find in search engines.

I myself very seldom Log In.... although I'm reading the forum on a daily basis..... I just Log In when I have something to say or want to read my messages. So someone like me will be shown by the system as a Guest.

Whenever I read on the Forum any post, I notice that there always is a GUEST also reading? Is this normal? We have had a number of security scares and breaching of internet protocol, therefor I am not sure what is happening.

They are watching you... :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

:whome:

-G

Archived