IOM - Probably a stupid question

craigsa

OK, I've been following the posts for a while now -Actually only a month but it feels like a lifetime of waiting. I've noticed loads of people have referred to IOM when booking flights - I'm confused, what is it? Is it an airline that offers one way flights? Can you use them for return flights? Am I able to get pricing online?

No such a thing as a stupid question, 'dom' maybe (just joking)

IOM stands for International Organisation for Migration. The site address is http://iom.org.za/site/

Selling one way tickets are one many things that they do...

Enjoy the site and let us know what you think...

Craig, IOM helps migrants to fly to their new country on a one-way ticket through a scheme they have with all the airlines. Once you have your visa grant letter, you contact them in Pretoria for a quote. they will give you a one way price which is often very much cheaper than going direct to the airline. You also get to take 40kgs of luggage instead of 20 or 23kgs. The extra kgs is free. Can only be used by emigrants and temp visas do qualify as well.

I am sure someone will post their phone number - speak to Deeksha.

Thanks all. I went to their website after googling it before, but never saw anything about flights, so figured I was in the wrong place. Once I have all my travel details, I'll give them a call.

Thanks for clarifying

Dom Okie :whome:

Craigsa,

Deeksha does not handle tickets anymore, speak to a lady called Tumi and her email is trabothata@iom.int

She is very efficient and always gave us great service. Perhaps you should call her first. Do not have the contact details; it will be on the site.

Thanks all......I just wanted to check, will get in touch as soon as I have grant letter *Tick Tock*

Shop around with the other airlines, they also offer one way flights for immigrants, but according to previous posts, IOM seems to come out the cheapest with the best luggage allowance.

Craigsa,

Deeksha does not handle tickets anymore, speak to a lady called Tumi and her email is trabothata@iom.int

She is very efficient and always gave us great service. Perhaps you should call her first. Do not have the contact details; it will be on the site.

Her number is 012-342 2789

Archived