IT and HR jobs in Brisbane

JustinY

Hello,

My wife and I are both looking for jobs in Brisbane. She's in HR and insurance and I'm a software developer (mainly win forms, bit of ASP.NET and currently researching Silverlight & RIA services).

Any info or pointers will be greatly appreciated. We have been using www.seek.com.au so far.

Cheers,

Justin

I don't have any advice, but am going to watch this thread with interest. I've been using seek, etc for about 2-3weeks now to look for IT roles in Melbourne and Sydney and have only had about 3 calls. I know most people suggested applying directly with companies, but it also isn't all that simple to find a list of companies with openings.

Have you applied for any roles? Had much feedback?

Hi Craigsa

You must have an idea of the type of company that would use your services? Go to www.yellowpages.com.au, do a search for that type of company, in the area of your choice, you will see that all the major companies have their website listed, go to their website, the majority have a section for vacancies, and if not, drop them an email to their contact address. Some of the bigger companies do not advertise all their jobs.

Hi,

I have posted a topic "Advice for job seekers" under chitchat and other people added their views and advise. Go and have a look! The HR market is slowly but surely picking up......unfortunately she will most probably start at the bottom (what was her role in SA and where did she work) as many companies want oz experience in HR. Mainly because of the labour law. With the Fair Work Act kicking in and all the modern Awards it might be a good idea to start reading it and get an understanding of it. Knowing how the unions work will be advantageous as staff/unions have more rights than they use to!

All the best......ther are position out there just waiting for you :lol::lol:

Hi all

My compoany is currently recruiting. Especially in the UK. They're sponsoring. Go to www.smsmt.com.au and check out the jobs. We do mostly management and technology consulting.

We hve quite a few openings for BAs, PMs, Java, Tibco, etc.

I have to warn you....it's very corporate tho. Suit and tie. If you see something that fits your skills, PM me. I can submit your CVs. If you're successful I get a recruitment bonus of course :-)

PS...if you're in the UK they'll be conducting interviews 19 feb to 5 March. Let me know...I'll send u the details.

Cheers,

Jani

Hi all

My compoany is currently recruiting. Especially in the UK. They're sponsoring. Go to www.smsmt.com.au and check out the jobs. We do mostly management and technology consulting.

We hve quite a few openings for BAs, PMs, Java, Tibco, etc.

I have to warn you....it's very corporate tho. Suit and tie. If you see something that fits your skills, PM me. I can submit your CVs. If you're successful I get a recruitment bonus of course :-)

PS...if you're in the UK they'll be conducting interviews 19 feb to 5 March. Let me know...I'll send u the details.

Cheers,

Jani

btw....we have offices in Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney

@ craigsa - I've applied for a few positions, not much luck. One company said they need face to face interviews and another said I never made the short list as I'm not in Australia yet.

@ Bok - My wife worked as an HR officer at Toyota and then dabbled a bit in insurance. She knows that she'll have to learn their rules.

Cheers,

Justin

Archived