V Australia to JHB regulatory approval

alanb

I am looking to book some flights to SA and V Australia is still offering good deals.

However, there is the disclaimer "V Australia flights Australia to Johannesburg are subject to regulatory approval". I cannot find anything on the web saying this has been approved. Does anyone know what the current status.

Thanks

Alan

Well..my mom has booked a flight of theirs through a travel agent..so i dont see how thats an issue...isnt it a disclaimer on all flights and airlines?

Hi

V Australia has been selling tickets , and subject to regulatory approval requires that they are approved by various bodies ie IATA, that their landing rights have been approved etc . Qantas and SAA can file objections to this and it is possible they V Australia can be denied landing rights and landing and slot times that are suitable to V Australia.

It is highly unlikely that they will be denied approval at this stage. The travel industry has been selling seats , as most of V Australias slots have been approved, and we have not heard any rumours regarding and court issue with Qantas and SAA regarding this approval.

And no Elleno, it is not a disclaimer on all airlines.

• 1 month later...
I am looking to book some flights to SA and V Australia is still offering good deals.

However, there is the disclaimer "V Australia flights Australia to Johannesburg are subject to regulatory approval". I cannot find anything on the web saying this has been approved. Does anyone know what the current status.

Thanks

Alan

I booked in Jan when the disclaimer was there for flights in May June. I asked when booking what the issue was with the disclaimer and was assured that it should go ahead. The prices since I bought have increased a lot but still better than the competition.

The disclaimer seems to be gone from the website now so i presume all is good now :ilikeit::whome::blush:

The only info I could find was below and it seems they were granted rights to land because of the lack of competition on that route but it is almost 2 years old

http://www.etravelblackboard.com/showartic...30&id=81161

And for those hoping for V Aus to fly from Perth dont hold your breath. I received the following email recently:

Thank you for your email.

At this stage we are not flying direct from Perth to Johannesburg. I have not heard anything indicating this will start in the near future so for now we are only flying direct out of Melbourne.

Kind Regards

The V Australia Team

Archived