Holiday back to South Africa

KathyW

Hi Everyone,

I have wrapped all my little Christmas gifts to take back home and was told by a good friend of mine not to waste too much time in the wrapping part because when we reach SA they tear the wrapping apart to see what is in there. :ilikeit:

Has anyone been through this experience, what do you think? :rolleyes:

Cheers

Hi Kathy....

My parents went back to SA on the 11th of Jan. We sent loads of presents with them for the whole family, all wrapped. My parents did not declare anything on their arrival in JHB and they went threw without any incident.

Regards

Koos

Aaah good, because this took me almost two weeks to sort into names and wrapping. I would be so mad if those jokers were to do this to me. :rolleyes:

Thanks Koos.

Compared to the unfriendly suspicious treatment we got at Heathrow landing in Joburg and later Cape Town was a breeze. Didn't open any of my wrapped presents, either in my suitcase or handluggage and did not ask me to taste my daughter's milk. Didn't steal anything either. Easy peasy.

Compared to the unfriendly suspicious treatment we got at Heathrow landing in Joburg and later Cape Town was a breeze. Didn't open any of my wrapped presents, either in my suitcase or handluggage and did not ask me to taste my daughter's milk. Didn't steal anything either. Easy peasy.

Touch wood!

I also took LOADS of prezzies with during our trip in December and was also afraid that I had to open it up, seeing as I bought everyone a boomerang - also afraid that I had to declare it because of the price tag. There is NO security official that asked us if we wanted to declare anything, just a sign telling you if you want to declare anything go left, if not keep to the right. So we kept to the right - no one stopping us anywhere along our path - most definetely not the same strict rules apply to SA as they do in Oz. Worst thing that happened to the gifts was the gift wrapping that got torn in some places on some of the gifts.

Ag thanks guys, I feel so much better now really. All the nights of wrapping.

2 more sleeps, I am so excited.

Archived