Specific IELTS question...

Hi All,

I'm stressing!

I have to write the ACADEMIC version of this beast; anyone written this one and can give me some feedback?

I have to get 7/9 for all 4 parts!!!! <_<

Many thanks!

Tracy

Hi All,

I'm stressing!

I have to write the ACADEMIC version of this beast; anyone written this one and can give me some feedback?

I have to get 7/9 for all 4 parts!!!! :huh:

Many thanks!

Tracy

Hi Tracy

I did the academic test and you really do not have to worry. I've worked through the specimen pack twice and have tried my listnening skills as I was worried about it. My result was a 8.5 overall and it was a piece of cake. I am Afrikaans and have always thought that my English is very average - What a nice surprise. Don't worry, you'll be fine!! <_<

Hi Tracy

I did the academic version of IELTS and got 9! The main thing is to be prepared do not underestimate the process - either do the tutorials they provide or go onto the internet and get some examples so you know what to expect. The first part of the test you have to listen to a tape and answer questions - must practice that beforehand as it is not something most people are used to and they do not play the tape again. Time is also a factor - lots of material to get through. The two essays are tough and you must brush up on essay writing skills and find examples of past essay questions. All in all it is expensive so rather be prepared and get the score you need first time. Good Luck.

Karrie

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the info - and re-assurance.

I was thrown a curve ball this morning. The British Council called me to ask if I'd go in TOMORROW MORNING to do my interview before the written stuff next weekend!

Will let you know how it went.

Tracy

The Interview.....

Well, they were late (British Council people) and the 5/6 people I could tell were doing it, had to sit on the stairs outside the room!

One lady had booked and paid for the worksshop int he morning, but only on arrival was she told it was cancelled. She also doesn't have her specimen exams she paid for!

Interview itself was OK; not sure how they would assess it (would like to know as being a Matric examiner and marker here in SA, that kind of transparency is important to all stakeholders...)

Roll on next Saturday for the written bit.

Tracy

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone,

Octavius gave me a specimen pack for the General IETLS Test to pass on to someone that still needs to do the IELTS. (Many thanks Octavius!!! ;) )

If someone (in Pretoria East) is interested in this :cry: , please PM me.

Have a great day! :D

Lovies, Pippa! X