Wimpy SA

Serendipity

A friend emailed this to me - understand it was relative to the time but WOW just to see it :lol:

Yes, Candivw emailed that to me a couple of weeks ago.......

and like I said to her......THANK GOD those prices are not that anymore!!! Hell, I will be a big as a house :lol:

Erica

MMMMMMMMMMMMMM - nothing like a Wimpy Burger. Took the kids to Wimpy 6 times in the Decmber holidays. Not at all cheap. The good thing is that the taste has remained the same since I ate them in the 70's.

What a wonderful reminder, thanks for posting.

Pipit

Damn you people are fast. I just received that email in my inbox.

Then there is this one from circa 1985 - not the Wimpy of course, but very well-known nonetheless.

Spur_Burger_Menu.jpg

Amazing! Have printed the menu's for my kids to look at. My teenage son cannot get away without spending at least R50 on a meal when going out with friends.

Although the menu for the Spur was basic, the food tasted fantastic and the portions were a very good size. We lived near the original Spur in Newlands and my parents would take me there once a year for a birthday treat - just imagine - our kids go there nearly weekly......unspoilt good o'l days. ;)

Thanks for the memories.

Pipit

Aaah, Wimpy is the best. Was on my 'definite to-do list' when I when to visit few months back...

Wimpy coffee and milkshakes are the best. Nothing in Brisbane can compare. The day we arrived in JHB after being 2 years ago we headed straight for the Wimpy! It was wonderful to be greeted by so many waiters and ALL of them smiling and eager to help.

BUT..... the prices were a shocker! Could not believe how much they had increased in just 2 years.

Spur Burgers kick MacDonalds any day of the week : Six - love, Six - love, Seven - five.

Now I am hungry...

Steers burgers and chips were the best for me, I am also hungry now. I love Wimpy Coffee though..............

Archived