DRIVERS LICENCE BRISBANE

Bullebak

Hi

I want to know if I will be able to do my drivers licence during 2 weeks in Feb when I go to activate my visa. Can I apply online, how long does it take for you to get an appointment, and how long after writing the test will I be able do practical.

Hi

I want to know if I will be able to do my drivers licence during 2 weeks in Feb when I go to activate my visa. Can I apply online, how long does it take for you to get an appointment, and how long after writing the test will I be able do practical.

I doubt it. You need a local residential address to do it.

Incidentally, for those of you who - like me - have lived in the UK long enough to have got your British driver's licence, I believe that Australia has a reciprocity agreement with the UK. So, what that means is that you don't have to redo your licence; you just have to "swap" your old UK licence for an Australian one.

A friend of mine did exactly this, despite the fact that his British licence had expired years ago.

Edited: I've just confirmed this on the website for Victorian licences. There is a list of eligible countries for which they provide exemption, as long as the licence has not expired for more than five years. I would imagine the other states have the same arrangement.

Ok, I wont be able to do it within the 2 weeks, but if I go to book at the testing station today, how soon will I get an appointment, and after I passed it, how long before I will get an appointment for my practical.

THis is for Brisbane

Ok, I wont be able to do it within the 2 weeks, but if I go to book at the testing station today, how soon will I get an appointment, and after I passed it, how long before I will get an appointment for my practical.

THis is for Brisbane

You can only book the drivers practical when you have passed the written first.

Normally there is quite a few waiting for tests so it could be a few weeks or 1 day if you are lucky.

The test is 10 right of way, and 20 rules of the road questions. You can get 1 right of way wrong, and 2 rules and pass.

Some of the pictures for "right of way " questions are a bit tricky, look at them carefully

Download the keys to driving in QLD from the website below. There are several signs we did not have in South Africa. you can also buy a hardcopy at newsagents

http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/

• 1 month later...

I wrote my practical this week Monday, adn when I phoned to book the drivers, they had an opening on Thursday. So it all depends on how booked they are.

You dont have to make a booking weeks in advance for your practical, you just walk in with your documents (passport, bank card, medicare, proof of address, sa license) fill in the form and do the test.

You can dl the "keys to driving" on the dept of transport website, but you can also practise the test online. It is really easy and they tell you which questions you got wrong, so you know when you do the actual test.

Im not sure if you are able to do it, while you are only visiting, but go to them, and speak to them, they might be able to help. The lady we delt with in Chermside was fantastic.

Archived