Home telephone and broadband

Gavin and Chantell

Hi

I was just wondering,with so many internet service providers out there,do any of you use you internet purely for sending and receiving email? If so,which internet service provider(preferrably broadband) would you recommend?

Also,is there any other telephone companies besides Telstra which I could use?

I have only been here for a month and need to get more information on these kinds of things...

Any suggestions would be great!

I did see the pinned post with an attachment with June 06 most popular ISP's,but would still like to hear some of your personal recommendations.

Hi

We went with Optus Yes Plan... you get a phone & mobile combined plan and then we went with their broadband package which is discounted because we have a phone/mobile with them.

we haven't had any problems with them but then we've only been online for 3 weeks, we've only been here for 6/7 weeks.

Try go to an AllPhones shop they are able to tell you about most of the service providers, we found them very helpful. :(

Remember to read the small print, good luck

Gaille :D

Hi

We went with Optus Yes Plan... you get a phone & mobile combined plan and then we went with their broadband package which is discounted because we have a phone/mobile with them.

we haven't had any problems with them but then we've only been online for 3 weeks, we've only been here for 6/7 weeks.

Try go to an AllPhones shop they are able to tell you about most of the service providers, we found them very helpful. :(

Remember to read the small print, good luck

Gaille :D

I have to agree with Gaille... my husband also chose Optus because of the way they have their packages. Works out really inexpensive if you get a plan with broadband, home and mobile... and i cant complain about their service... we have been with them for 8 months now.

Caro

We are also on Optus Broadband and home phone but not mobiles. We got our mobiles (on different subscriber-Vodafone) before we got internet and home phone.

Been on Optus now for nearly 2 years..hubby happy with the speed he gets and the download thingies...whatever! Greek to me :D:(

Lindy-Lee

:huh:

We went with AAPT because you don't get tied into a years contract. So far we're just using PAYG Teslra for our mobiles. We hardly use our mobiles for making calls - we mainly sms.

We went for Optus "Yes" plan - TV, broadband and phone - they will only do the installation next week so can't comment on performance! We took the most basic phone plan and added the $5pm "worldcall" option - allows calls back to RSA at 9c per min which sounded quite good.

Hi

I was just wondering,with so many internet service providers out there,do any of you use you internet purely for sending and receiving email? If so,which internet service provider(preferrably broadband) would you recommend?

Also,is there any other telephone companies besides Telstra which I could use?

I have only been here for a month and need to get more information on these kinds of things...

Any suggestions would be great!

I did see the pinned post with an attachment with June 06 most popular ISP's,but would still like to hear some of your personal recommendations.

Here is a link which may prove helpful: http://bc.whirlpool.net.au/

It is quite comprehensive and you can drill down to the region in Oz that interests you.

We are using Ozemail (sub-devision of iinet) - get 10 gig peak-time and 10 gig off-peak. We're quite happy - downloading lots of music and movies... Also using their VOIP and telephone service. Great competitive rates. www.ozemail.com.au

:lol:

Thanks for all the replies!

Lots of valuable information.

Thank you