anotherone: New here

anotherone

Hi everyone and thanks to the moderators for activating my account. Ours is a longish story, but I hope to find some support and direction here.

My husband and I started the process in July 2007 but quickly went nowhere. Our immigration agent never communicated with us and didn't give us any support in putting together our immigration documents. After about 6 months, they outsourced a lot of their clients (including us) to another immigration agent because ours was apparently overwhelmed. We managed to get all our papers together and got them to the immigration agent, but once again the communication was very poor. My husband would phone her to get a progress report or to make an appointment and never hear back. Finally our application left for Oz, I can't tell you when because that is how poor the communication was. Towards the end of last year, my hubby finally managed to get a hold of the agent, only to be told that there was a mistake from her side and all the applications sent through in that batch was rejected. The only thing we could get out of her was that her contact on the Oz side never told her about regulation changes, so the applications were submitted without the English language assesments attached and were all turned down. She told us that they didn't have specifics on how much we'd paid her, but to go and get all of our bank statements together and give her the dates and amounts of payments. Then we had to pay the visa fees again to get the application re-submitted and they'll "owe" us the money we'd already paid. My husband and I decided not to go that route, because she urged us to "max out credit cards if we had to" just to get the money to her. Since we had trusted them once and they'd made a mess of things, we just left it at that.

Just before Christmas, my husband's friend phoned from Oz and told him that his company had applied to the Oz government to be able to sponsor workers from SA and they were specifically interested in sponsoring my hubby to come and work for them. Sooooo... now we wait. We're waiting on more details and to see if this pans out at all. I'm kinda stuck between being wildly excited and being afraid to get burned again. :unsure:

Oh, we also have 3 littles, ages 2, 4 (in March) and 6 (in February) and one due in February.

Sounds like you have had a terrible time! Here's hoping your hubby's sponsorship comes through, its much nicer coming to work anyway!!

Good luck and looking forward to hearing how things unfold....

Hi anotherone!

Wow. What a process!

But I say, dont give up the fight. There are some fabulous agents out there. Perhaps re-apply with different agents while waiting for work news.

Your children will thank you for it!

Good luck with the work your husband might get.

And if it does come through, I would love to get their details too as my bf and I are also looking for work in Oz. LOL.

Kat

hi anotherone (i love your name!)

welcome. let me know if you have any questions.

E

Welcome. good to have you with us.

Thanks for the warm welcome! I've already learned a lot from everyone here and I hope I won't be bugging you all too much with silly questions. :ilikeit:

hi, sorry to hear about what happened - hear it alot these days with agents sadly...i hope something comes through for your happy

and congrats on the coming baba - feb is good - me, my hubby, my pug, my sis, my bro in law all in feb lol and our daughter turns 1 in may

we move to adelaide end march after 3 years

Archived