Pretoria: Gauteng Coffee Club, 19 March

Pippa

Hi Everyone,

I don’t know if you know what the purpose is of the coffee clubs, but it is basically a get together for everyone who is waiting for their visa’s to be approved etc. I had the opportunity to attend the Canada Coffee Club last year and know that they are having their next event this Saturday. It is a great “tool” to use and you get to know so many people and they all support one another. I still communicate with people that I have met at the Canada Coffee Club.

Seeing that we will only leave SA towards the end of 2007, I am more than willing to start a Coffee Club in Pretoria and surrounding areas. Although the turnout might be small at the beginning, we can at least start to interact and get to know one another. We all need support with this whole process and will need more support when we arrive in Oz.

I saw that Queensland Girl is visiting SA soon and maybe we should start off arranging a Coffee Club Meeting with her as the guest of honour. That is obviously if she has time to attend such an event.

I will liaise with Queensland Girl to find out when she is visiting SA and we will schedule it from there…? Are you in? Would you be interested in something like an Oz Coffee Club???

I look forward to hearing from you!

Hi Pippa

Have never been Guest of Honour anywhere- You just arrange it and i will be there.And any person who laughs at me accent-beware!

See you in March!

I'm in! Just let me know in advance - will have to arrange a babysitter for the little one.

Hi Helga and Oppermans!!!

Great news! Queensland Girl already indicated that Sunday 19 March will be suitable for her. I am thinking Cafe 41 in Groenkloof Pretoria, but will confirm it with you as soon as possible.

Pippa!

Dear All,

I’ve booked a table for our first Coffee Club as follows:

Sunday, 19 March 2006

17:00

Café 41 in Groenkloof, Pretoria

The table is booked under “Coffee Club” and I will make sure that I am there from 16:45. Everyone will receive a number for ordering purposes and no order will be taken without a number.

If you have any photos or pictures from Australia that you would like to share with us, please feel free to bring it along.

Please RSVP by 15 March 2006, so that I can confirm the number of people with Café 41 on time!

I look forward to meeting you all!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Pippa

We would like to confirm for the coffee club. However my work might call me and then I will not be able to go. Looking forward to share experiences with you all.

Vossie :)

Hi Vossie,

No problem! I hope you can make it!

Have a great day and see you soon!

Pippa

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your positive responses regarding the Pretoria Coffee Club on 19 March 2006. I’ve received RSVP’s from the following people:

Pippa x 2

Kangaroo x 1

Queensland girl x 1/2

Helga x 2

Vossie x 2

Oppermans x 2

New Frontiers x 2

Please RSVP before 15 March 2006.

Have a great week.

I look forward to meeting you all!

Pippa!

PS. PLEASE FIND THE BELOW ATTACHED MAP FOR YOUR INFORMATION!

Map_to_Cafe_41.doc

• 2 weeks later...

So, how was it??!! Tell us - we want to hear it all! :ilikeit:

Hi Riekie

It was wonderful. Talking to people who have the same questions and fears you have has been a great help. We are now more sure that we will go, even though we were sure before. Just need to get a job now!!! Talking to Queensland Girl was a revelation. Anyone who whas the opportunity to attend a coffee club meeting should definitely go.

Thanks Pippa for organising it, we really enjoyed it!!!

Keep well

Vossie

Ja, baie dankie Pippa - dit was beslis die moeite werd. Het nou 'n beter idee wat vir ons voorle. Ons volgende "coffee club" sal tien teen een in Sydney wees - so hou die koffie koppies reg, Riekie! :D

Weereens baie dankie vir almal vir 'n baie lekker kuier. (Net jammer die kleinding wou die saam speel. Wil enigiemand nog kinders he, na gisteraand se "performance" deur Haven?! :D )

Om die winkeltjie in Bredasdorp aan te haal: Moerse Dankie Pippa! Jy's 'n ster! En ook aan jou Queensland Girl! Dit laat my hart sommer tjoklits klop (oops Seoul Sister sou daai gehoor het!) as ek sien hoe julle die leisels vat en mekaar bystaan. Bravo!

:D Hendie

Hi Julle,

Dit was 'n groot plesier en heerlik gewees om almal te kon ontmoet. Queensland Girl het sowaar duisende antwoorde kon antwoord en was heerlik gewees om van hulle ervarings te kon hoor.

Daar was meer mense as wat ek verwag het en was 'n goeie begin!

Ek is bly dat almal baat kon vind by so 'n samekoms en hoop om die volgende Coffee Club binnekort te hou!

Dankie vir almal wat daar was; julle het 'n sukses van die aand gemaak!

Groete en baie dankie,

Pippa

PS. Helga julle kleinding was glad nie hinderlik nie!

PSS. Vossie, ek het nogal daarna aan julle gedink... het Vossie al IELTS gaan skryf? Ek dink julle moet uitvind, want ek weet dat daar met tye 'n waglys is. Laat weet my wanneer jy die DVD wil kom leen.

Hi Everyone

So sorry to have missed what appears to have been a very successful meet ...only wish I could have been there, but as explained to 'Pippa" (thanks for the PI) on the PM, We had to work that day ...we probably have some very expensive migration agent fees to pay soon so work is good !

Please could someone share on the forum any interesting Q & A's that came out of the meet ...I think that is the best thing about the forum ...one can go back and trawl all the info ...still preparing my marathon posting for the application forum ...

look forward to seeing/reading all those gems ...and to attending the next gauteng meeting

rgds

Dave

Guest Seoul Sister
Dit laat my hart sommer tjoklits klop (oops Seoul Sister sou daai gehoor het!)

Chocolates ?? :lol: Did I hear the word Chokkies ? Where ?

:whome::ilikeit:^_^

Hehehehehe. Good one Hendie, had a nice little giggle about it.

Great job Pippa ! I'm chuffed to hear that it was such a big success.

Love

Seoul Sister

:blush:

Edited by Seoul Sister

Hi Pippa

Weer net baie dankie vir die coffee club!!! Dit was heerlik. Waar en wanneer moet Vossie die IELTS gaan doen, moet ek dit ook doen? Ek sal later wil werk, so as dit nodig is sal ek dit liewer nou doen?

Ek beplan om vroeg in April ons Police Clearance te gaan haal en sal jou dag en tyd laat weet vir die DVD.

Baie dankie

Elmaré

Hi Elmarie,

Ek is op die oomblik in Duitsland, maar sal jou al die inligting deurstuur sodra ek terug is in SA. Stuur solank jou email adres vir my. Ek dink regtig dat Vossie dit sal moet doen.

Ek is Saterdag weer terug en praat dan verder.

Goed gaan en sien uit om julle gou weer te sien.

Pippa

Hi to All

I am back home and my computor.

Thanks again Pippa for Sunday Evening. It was wonderful to meet up with people I have just talked to in cyberspace.

I hope that I was able to answer some of your questions, and most importantly give you all a personal story so that all that decide to make the big move are as prepared as one could possibly be.

Australia will be an even better country, when all the people around that table come and grow with us.

Hi

Ons kan nie wag om daar te kom nie. Vossie gaan defnitief middel April oor. Sal jou laat weet. Jou input was amazing en het ons net nog meer oortuig dat ons die regte ding doen.

Lekker werk!

Elmare

Hi Barbara,

Hoop jy is veilig en gelukkig terug in Oz. Dit was so lekker om jou te kon ontmoet en dankie vir al die vrae wat jy beantwoord het. Ons almal het dit vreeslik geniet en sien meer as ooit uit om die skuif te maak!

Dit is wonderlik om te sien hoe gelukkig jy is en dit was sowaar 'n voorreg om jou daar te kon he.

Nogmaals dankie vir jou kosbare tyd. Ons almal waardeer dit baie!

Groete Pippa

Hi Pippa

Dankie vir jou woorde. Ek hoop egter ook dat ek ook n nugter prentjie van immigrasie aan almal toon. Afrika is nie vir sissies nie- maar vir suksesvolle immigrasie het mens die moed van n leeu nodig.

En soos ek julle gese het-elke immigrant het n storie.

Beste wense aan julle almal en nogmals dankie vir die uitnodiging

Groete

• 2 weeks later...
:(

Hi there

I have just joined. My family and I had plans to go to Canada, we were almost there. Fortunately or maybe unfortunately, I recieved a job offer in Queensland, Australia. It is an offer which I could not refuse! We plan to be out in Aus for Christmas.

We have been out to Aus twice in the last 6months, first for a LSD trip and now 2 weeks ago for an International Conference in Brisbane. We are absolutely in love with Aus. It is not SA, yet a very close second. There are so many SAs in Queensland who have met us with such open hearts and homes, it is amazing. I know the SA link between us all will pull us through.

When is the next coffee club gathering in Pretoria?

Peepee