Chronic Blood Pressure tablets

Jenn

Hi,

Anybody taking Mavik blood pressure tablets? Do you get them in Australia or GP give an equivalent?

Jennifer

Hi,

Anybody taking Mavik blood pressure tablets? Do you get them in Australia or GP give an equivalent?

Jennifer

I take blood pressure tablets and got the same here, but use only generics because the cost is so much less. Bring a few months suppy unitl you can get to see a Dr.

I will go by a pharmacy and ask if they stock it. I use chemistwarehouse but the online guide does not list it

About a month ago I went to the doctor and my blood pressure was high, he sent me for all sorts of tests (thankfully no other problems) and when I went my back blood pressure was still high, so he has put me on medication called Karvea (irbesartan). I am on the lowest dose of 75mg and they cost $20 for a month's supply.

Hi,

Jennifer

Hi the same thing is known as Apo Trandalapril, available from most pharmacys. You will need a prescription

Chemist warehouse website

Pharmacist reply as per below:

Mavrik (trandolopril) is marketed in Australia as Tranalpha,Odrik or Gopten. It comes in the following strengths 0.5mg,1mg,2mg & 4mg.

As it is a prescription only medication we are only allowed by law to dispense it from prescriptions written by Australian registered Doctors The prices vary from $8.99 to $24.99 depending on strength & brand.

Gopten is the originator brand & our price for Gopten 2mg is $15.99 , the price of Tranalpha a generic made by Alphapharm is $12.99 for the 2mg

Hope that helps somebody else who may be on mavik.

Jennifer

Hi the same thing is known as Apo Trandalapril, available from most pharmacys. You will need a prescription

sorry for the spelling mistake it is trandolapril have most frequently seen apo trandolapril (which is an ACE inhibitor) used in the hospitals but have occasionally come across the other brands you mention.

I guess the main thing is it is available.

Archived