Adelaide : Would you have stuff to loan us???

Spider

i ask as we going across with our clothes pretty much, and Sadie-Ann's campcot....i am thinking it may be cheaper, not necessarily possible tho, to rent from then already although we have nothing for the house, but we would save say min AUD100 per week which could be put towards stuff for the home slowly as opposed to spending that at woodcroft and still having to get stuff later (make sense?)

as you may know our insurance claim was rejected so we lose R108 000 - basically we have nothing to come over with as a result of having none of the stuff we were going to sell...and were only bringing over the bare minimum camera stuff to work....

would any of you have and be willing to borrow us goodies until we manage to buy if you not using it for the house? :lol:

we land 07.15 27 march

Hi

I have somethings that you may use.

I will put an ear out to friends to hear what they have.

Jaco

We also came over with suit-cases in February but will also help where we can so pm me closer to the time

xxx

hi and thanks for the offers of assistance!!

What i will do is confirm our plans closer to the time - i have booked woodcroft as a backup, but once we settled or as soon as we know exactly what we need i will let you all know and take it from there whether it be from end march or only after securing a rental that side...

thanks guys, i appreciate the help :unsure:

Hi Chandi, give me a shout on PM for my numbers if you need help. We are next door from Woodcroft and will have 2 single beds for you guys to borrow. We can also scrape some other stuff together. We also came over with almost nothing.

Hi Chandi, give me a shout on PM for my numbers if you need help. We are next door from Woodcroft and will have 2 single beds for you guys to borrow. We can also scrape some other stuff together. We also came over with almost nothing.

thanks so much....we will know closer to time where we are (if not in woodcroft) and will definitely contact you....either way we will need to set up from scratch either straight away or while we find a rental when staying at woodcroft....

i will pm my details to you and pls send me yours so i can save them already....thanks so much!

I would also like to say to everyone that side, we dont expect anything for free just because, so if you willing to "barter: LOL, my husband who is a photographer is offering his services in return (www.studio2.co.za) on one hand it will help get work in oz on the side for oz portfolio and depending on what we get (even if on loan to us) he will do a shoot for you....so any help is awesome, even if we store it by us in woodcroft while we find a rental, but looking already

:stretcher:

Chandi

We have a television you can borrow and plenty of camping gear - chairs, blow up mattresses and sleeping bags if you need any. Also pots and pans and some random crockery plus a lawnmower if you want it. Let me know. I'm sure I can think of a few other things.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Not sure what we can lend you, but send me an email when you are here and we can get in touch. We have only been here a few months, so not that well set up either, but happy to help if we can.

Regards

Debbie

i ask as we going across with our clothes pretty much, and Sadie-Ann's campcot....i am thinking it may be cheaper, not necessarily possible tho, to rent from then already although we have nothing for the house, but we would save say min AUD100 per week which could be put towards stuff for the home slowly as opposed to spending that at woodcroft and still having to get stuff later (make sense?)

as you may know our insurance claim was rejected so we lose R108 000 - basically we have nothing to come over with as a result of having none of the stuff we were going to sell...and were only bringing over the bare minimum camera stuff to work....

would any of you have and be willing to borrow us goodies until we manage to buy if you not using it for the house? :whome:

we land 07.15 27 march

just to say thanks to all those who have made contact, i appreciate it and some friendships developing, this is a special forum...thanks for your support all and see you soon

Hi Chandi

We land the 4th of February. Woodcroft qouted me 607Au$ for a week. Thought it is a bit steep and found a holiday appartment for 400Au$. Think the best plan is to find a rental as soon as possible. Did mail some of the forumalites which helped us. As you said, this is a special forum.

just to say thanks to all those who have made contact, i appreciate it and some friendships developing, this is a special forum...thanks for your support all and see you soon

thanks "hermanpaw" - can i ask if you would send me details of the accommodation you found as i am still shopping around as well?

Archived