GPS New Discussion

HouseInOz

I bought a Garmin Nuvi 200 series in July 2009 whilst in SA, but alas do not know what the implications will be to use this in Australia.

Is it worth it that I buy maps (where, how and how much) of Australia, or should I rather buy something else (a new GPS) when we move there in July 2010. I do have an iPhone with the Mobile Maps, Sygic AU NZ software on it. I am not sure whether I can use the iPhone in a car in Australia? I will only need a GPS for a car.

Please help with some "direction" here - no pun intended!!

Hi

I assume the SA GPS came with maps on a SD card?

If so then you can either:

1 . Buy an Aussie map card (easiest option, just plug in the Aussie card and go).

or

2. Load Map source, buy the Aussie maps online with their unlock code which will allow you to transfer and use the Aussie maps on the GPS.

You then disable the SA maps or simply remove the card.

Regards

Richard

The maps are a rip off. I have a TomTom ONE and the 2010 maps online are $129.00. The entire unit is selling for $198 on special at DSE. :ilikeit:

Why you want to disable SA maps?

I have both SA and OZ maps running on Mapsource and on Garmin

I bought my Garmin Zumo from the UK and then purchased Oz map (SD Card) for $60, plug it in ... Bob's your uncle!!!

I bought my Garmin Zumo from the UK and then purchased Oz map (SD Card) for $60, plug it in ... Bob's your uncle!!!

Hi There

Where did you get the SD CARD for $60? Would this work with a Garman Nuvi 200 series?

I bought mine on ebay.... did a quick search just a minute ago and found this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEW-GARMIN-MAP-CITY...=item335811bcdd

Ausraven

Thanks! (PS I also grew up in The Friendly City - PE)

Archived