Certifying docs

DBN1972

Hi folks,

Got my IELTS results yesterday and got a band score of 8.5, now I'm just looking to submit all my documents (and HEC, are there a lot of docs!)

On this issue, I had a meeting with my attorney and asked him to please certify all the copies. There was quite a lot of docs and he didn't seem to keen to individually certify each and every copy :)

He, instead, suggested that he would make a pack with a cover letter listing all the copies that he had sighted and further stating that they're true copies of the originals. He would then seal this "pack" with a notary public seal so that the pack can't be unsealed and/or additional documents added to the pack.

I wasn't sure whether this was acceptable or not so I said that I would get back to him after finding out.

Can anyone out there please help me?

Many thanks

Willem

Durban

Hi Willem

Don't know it this will work, as DIMIA scans all your paperwork in your application and don't think they'd appreciate a bound copy between all the stuff. If you know what I mean. Can't you take them to the police station or any other place that will certify them for free, even your local magistrate's office.

Hope this helps somewhat.

Cheers

D

Hi Deidre,

Many thanks.

Will relay this to my attorney, maybe now he'll do the certification without wanting to take shortcuts.

Ciao

Willem

:)

Guest Bronwyn

I wouldn't try and include one certified pack, rather certify each document seperately. You may have to split the docs up into 6 or 8 piles and go on 3 or 4 different days to get them all done, at your bank or local police station. It's worth it.

We tried to make a lovely bound copy of our Visa application and ended up pulling everything apart in Postnet, beacause you may not even include a staple!!! If you do, they count the pack as a 'parcel' instead of a 'document' and charge you about three times the price. It's really expensive, we spent a total of almost R2,000 getting all the docs/medicals over via Postnet...

By the way, the post office is a lot cheaper than postnet, but they took about 3 days longer. You will save hundreds of rands using them though...you still get a reference number and a telephone number to check up where they are.

Hope it helps, Bronwyn

Hi,

I got my docs certified at the post office and police station (I split it all half and half).

I went to a quieter Post Office, and the lady there was very helpful she asked if there were any further docs I needed certified. I have been to the police station the day before, I should have done all at the Post Office.

The Police Station were not as nice, they said that I should have made an appointment and moaned but still did it.

Good Luck

Just a word of warning we were told that the SAPS may not certify any documents for visa purposes. We had our documents certified by a school principal and a bank manager.

I hope this helps

Gaille :lol: