Finally Back online

Guest colton

Hi everyone,

I have been away for so long I feel I need to re introduce myself. We arrived here 9 November 2006 and have settled in really well. My kids are very happy, have made lots of friends and settled really well in school. Hubby loves his job, company have treated us really well and been absolutely amazing. We found a wonderful house which we love and feel like we have come "home".

I know how agonising it is waiting for that visa to arrive and while you sit there and worry, all doubts and concerns race through your mind. I was helped so much by the forum I would like to give back however I can. Hopefully our experiences as a newly arrived family will help others going through the same thing. If there are any questions fire away and hopefully I will be able to help.

Good luck to those still waiting

Colton

I was wondering what happened to you guys. Welcome to Australia!!!

Hope you guys had a lovely first aussie christmas and it seems you guys are settling in well.

Cheers

D

Thanks Diedre,

I must say your hubby's work "experience" helped us out alot because we checked out everything thoroughly, I was scared hubby would have the same thing happen to him but fortunately all went well and he is very happy, he is working with 6 other guys from Kwazulu Natal and knew them back in RSA. I have been thinking about you and your fur babies, I miss mine so much but Australia is definitely not the place for them. Enjoy your weekend.

C

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Colton! Welcome to Oz!!! Glad you're back online!!! :) Hope everything worked out well for you & that you'll soon be 100% settled! :D

Thanks Riekie,

Don't have as much time as I used to, to trawl the internet and sit on the forum. I could always justify it to hubby as "gaining valuable info on Oz" but can't use that excuse now. :holy:

I am so happy here and haven't had one "homesick" day yet. Going on 3 months so hopefully it will remain like that.

Colton