Very Serious Question

Serendipity

Hi all

This might not be serious for you (or me actually) but my children really need to know something, to the extent they

have asked me to post this question.

On satellite TV in Victoria - Do you get Disney Channel? :thumbdown:

Ooooooohhhhh please let it be yes or i got alot of explaining to do :hug:

Hee Hee

We don't have satelite tv here but look up the foxtel website and it will tell you! We make do with ABC free channels - lots of cartoons :-)

Foxtel.com.au

is the place to be. And the answer is YES. You might get the pay TV delivered by cable rather than satelitte.

Thanks all, you have made my day as far as the offering of Disney and kiddies channels go.

Just had a look at the Foxtel website and what a mission, looks much more confusing than

our local DSTV offerings!

Judging by how it works you order what u want ontop of a standard package, which i might

add was just as confusing. Being green in this department i think we will land up with a $200

bill each month!!

Decided, like CT Family, that innitially we will make do with the free channels and upgrade as our lives do.

My kids can just make do - or as we will be in AU can spend more time outdoors for a change!

So there u go, i asked the question, got a shock and got my answer.

Shew think i got some explaining to do regardless now :hug:

If u receive a digital signal u can det "go" tv free and mornings and weekend have plenty of cartoons for the kids. The kids love Ten, and Go

Judging by how it works you order what u want ontop of a standard package, which i might

add was just as confusing. Being green in this department i think we will land up with a $200

bill each month!!

Nope it isnt that much. Foxtel works that you can either pay for what you want or you can get every single channel (called the Platinum package) on Standard Definition for $120 or High Definition for $135. The only extra cost on top of that would be the specialty channels (like Italian, Greek, adult, etc). But I would recommend testing out the free channels first. Especially with ABC3 starting in December.

Edit: Just to add that Foxtel IQ1 (Aus equavelant of DSTV's PVR but actually works) is now standard on all packages for free.

Australia is divided into 2 when it comes to pay TV. Austar and Foxtel. As a quick guide Foxtel covers the major Metro's and Austar the more regional areas (like I aid a quick guide).

Foxtel can be purchased as part of a bundled offer with Telstra and I think Optus offers the option as well. Telstra.com will give you details of costs if you decide to bundle with their home phone and broadband packaging.

Thanks all, you have made my day as far as the offering of Disney and kiddies channels go.

Just had a look at the Foxtel website and what a mission, looks much more confusing than

our local DSTV offerings!

bill each month!!

Decided, like CT Family, that innitially we will make do with the free channels and upgrade as our lives do.

My kids can just make do - or as we will be in AU can spend more time outdoors for a change!

So there u go, i asked the question, got a shock and got my answer.

Shew think i got some explaining to do regardless now :o

$100 - $200 is just too steep for my liking. You can do what a lot of people (including myself) do: stick with the free channels and sign up for an ADSL2+ package (www.tpg.com.au has a 100GB/month package for $49) and download all the latest movies (including kiddies movies) and series. This is pretty much what I've been doing in SA as well but at quite a cost - still cheaper than going to the movies though B) However, I did have DSTv as well for the sport and discovery channels...

We only have the free channels and are very satisfied so far...ABC is launching an extra kids channel today !!!..so far my daughter (3) is entertained by the wiggles,in the night garden,sesame street.etc etc etc thats all on the free channels..

GO! also rocks!..we watch that alot!

Take your $200 each month and spend it on going out!...this is the first world...no need for pay tv unless u are a serious couch potato.

Yes there are heaps to do here in MLB and we go out and do it I promise hehe

But if you are serious about Sport you will need to get Foxtel.

We ge to watch all the rugby macthes even the Currie Cup on Foxtel which is not aviable on normal TV.

Just my 2 cents B)

Nats...u forgetting all the quality people in melbourne...especially the western suburbs..plenty of us to visit with...and if its sporty u after,,,u dont need foxtel if u befriend nats123 and bring some biltong as a cover-charge when u go watch the game at her place B):o

..hintie hint hint...

B):o

Hey Nats,

Can I come and watch Foxtel at your house this sunday, If I bring the samoosas.

B):o:lol:

Rajesh - for sure! hehe

You guys are welcome to come watch the rugby I will even introduce you to Footy (AFL) when the season starts again!

ME Love sport!

If you with Telstra, have $29.95 per month land line and a other service on the same account they will give you $20 per month discount on your account.

So, Family package, which has the Kids TV would cost $52 per month instead of $72.

Thats what I have done.

Cheers

Paul

Archived