Medication

AN2NET

Can anyone please assist.

What medication will be allowed to take over on your flight?Do you need to have a copy of the prescription that the doctor wrote? Or do you put it in your baggage and hope for the best?Is there any rules on this..

Thank you so much!

PS: We are still on vacation with the family at the sea and Johan is leaving 1 Jan, any other advice will be appreciated.

Guest Bronwyn

We brought a big vanity bag of Immodium, Valoids, TCP, all sorts of general medication. The bag went in with the other cases, to the baggage hold. On the plane you have to fill in a slip (Customs declaration) which asks whether you have any medication. I said "Yes - general medication only". When I got to customs with my slip and passport, they asked whether it was prescription medication and I said no, just general stuff and they said 'No worries'.

I think you should keep the prescription with you if the medication is prescription, tho.

I was expecting problems but there were none. :ilikeit:

Bronwyn

As dit voorskrif medisyne is, moet jy beslis die voorskrif van die dokter by jou hou.

Vir interessantheid - as jy 'n prostese het, soos bv vir 'n knievervanging of skouervervanging, kry 'n brief van jou ortopeed wat bevestig dat jy so operasie gehad het want daardie prosteses(yster) laat die scan masjiene by die lughawens heeltemal histeries "skree", tot groot verleentheid van die pasiente. :blush::)

Groete

Tania