Another newcomer

africa2aus

Hi everyone,

I've just joined your forum and I think the advice and support you all give each other is great - wish I'd discovered it when we were still in SA!! ;)

Anyway, we've done pretty well on our own and are settled in the Hills area of Sydney... but now that all the hard work is done, the loneliness is creeping in. Any ideas on how to meet people and make new friends?

Amanda

Hi Amanda

There are South African Clubs all over Australia, just search on the net and join one and they will email you all the activities going on. You can also look on www.Afrikaans.org.au and they cater for Afrikaans and English speaking Saffas and have lots of Braais, Camps and just get together. I joined them and have made lots of friends Saffa and Ozzie through them. It also helps with the loneliness once settled that forum don't help for. Good luck

and hope the info helps.

Welcome to the forum Amanda!

Also have a look in the communities section of the forum, often people post get togethers there so you can join other Saffers for a braai in your area. There's a Sydney section in there where you can maybe post and ask if there's anyone living nearby who wants to get together.

All the best!

Hi Amanda,

Welcome to the forum. It's great to hear that you are doing well and are all settled in...

Archived