Help Needed in Sutherland Shire - Sydney

RonelH

Hi

We've been in Sydney for 2 months now and things are slowly falling into place for us. We've been staying in holiday accommodation since our arrival. We both got jobs, we found an apartment in Cronulla to move into, but we are still waiting for our container from SA. We are moving into this empty apartment next week and would really appreciate some help with a few essentials.

We will also receive my husband's first paycheck on the 15th of December, so money is a bit tight at this stage. Otherwise I would have stormed the shops and bought everything that we needed.

But until we are able to do that, we would appreciate any help with the following: - 2 Adults, 1 sixteen year old and 1 six year old.

- mattresses and linen, blankets

- Pots and pans

- Crockery and cutlery

Any help would really be appreciated.

PS - A TV, fridge, washing machine and tumbledryer would not be refused if offered .... :-)

Of course, all these items will be returned to their owners as soon as we can.

Much appreciated

Ronel, Kevin and kids

Hi Ronel,

My husband, baby and I also live in Cronulla, have been here sine June 2008. Would you like to meet us for a coffee? We also know quite a couple of people in the area who we can introduce you to, am sure between the lot of us we'll be able to sort you out with some start-up gear.

We can even meet tonight if you guys are free.

Have a god one

Sonja Steyn

We are also in Cronulla - we dont have too much to offer as we came over with nothing and had to buy from scratch, so we have the bare minimum to get us by for now. Im sure we could find something to help out with though. We have been in the area for 7 months now and we love it.

Our door is always open for visitors too, we have 2 children, a 13yr old daughter and a 2yr old daughter. Looking forward to meeting your family soon.

Hi Sonja en Coyote

Ag dankie man. It would be great to meet you. And thanks for the offer to help even if you do not have much yourself.

Our son is 16 and daugter is 6.

Sonja, I think it is a good idea to meet tonight. I will pm you so that we can arrange it?

Ronel

Hi Ronel

She is currently going to a school in Randwick, but we are moving her to Cronulla high from the new year. I am actually going to meet with the principal tomorrow morning to enrol her.

Hi Ronel, unfortunately I'm currently in South Africa, so it makes it a bit difficult to organise some help for you!

My husband, Renier, said I must give him your number so that he can phone you and maybe meet up this weekend to see what can be arranged! I will PM you.

I am returning home in December - hopefully around the 7th of December - and will definitely organise a nice lekker braai at our house (we live in Lilli Pilli.... the suburb next to Cronulla) and all the Sutherland Shire people (ex-South Africans, I mean) are invited!! I will give more details here as soon as I've booked my flight ticket!

I am looking forward to meeting all the people and to catch up with the latest news! I really, really miss everyone so much! I've even bought some little presents for Coyote's kids :censored: and can't wait to give it to them!

See you!

Milada

Ahhh thanks Milada - we miss you too!! Looking forward to seeing you when you get back! And look forward to the braai!

Hi there

I would just like to say thank you for the overwhelming response that I received from this thread. So many people pm'ed or called me and we got set up with mattresses, all necessary linen and blankets, crockery, cutlery, a fridge, toaster, kettle, iron, chairs, a sleeper couch and even a tv!! I felt humbled when so many people understood our situation and immediately offered help and friendship.

To all out there still in South Africa planning on making the big move - don't worry, you will be taken care of. I was amazed to see the network of Saffers and how efficiently and quickly they operated. People that I have never met before came to my empty house with their arms full of things, (even a chicken pie and salad) to welcome us!!

I can only say thank you, much appreciated!

Ronel

I have tears in my eyes!

We would love to meet you all if possible (?) at the braai. We will be in Sydney from 18 December to 2 January 2009.

Well done - I am so proud of all the people on this Forum! (well almost ALL)

Archived