South African products in Adelaide

outlander andrew

Hi there

Anybody know of a place that sells SA products in adealide, boerewors, biltong and such.

Regards and Merry X Mas

Andrew

Hi Andrew, first merry christmas! Central Market in Gouger street, Adelaide sells biltong (not sure bout boerewors) and also Russian 'vetkoek'. Hmmm :ilikeit:

Sam :ilikeit:

Edited by Sam

Andrew,

It depends what you are looking for. Broerewors can be found in Tea Tree plaza's ground floor food court's little deli, not very good at about $ 13/kg, opposite Holden Hill Police station at near the Woolies a butcher also sells it, quite OK but a bit fatty for about $9/kg. At the central market there is also a little stand thet sell various sausages, also boerewors at about $10/kg and not to bad. The best wors as far as I am concerned is a Brians Gourmet Sausages in Jetty Road Glenelg at about $ 7,99/kg. Glenelg is also where you will find a South African Restaurant in Nyle road called "Elsie's out of Africa" selling some typical South African food and drinks at reasonable prices. In the central market you will also find Ceylon spices selling some South African spices and stuff like Pronotro, All Gold Tomato sauce etc. They also have a branch in Campbell town opposite Holden Hill police station. David Jones in Rundle mall sells some South African foods and you can also find a Nando's in their food court. Most supermarkets sell Nando's sauces and Rooibos tea.

There are several sites here that sell almost any South African item you want, one of them is www.african.com.au

This is about all I can think of right now. I hope this helps. Have a very Merry Christmas.