BRIGHTON HIGH SCHOOL

John&Belinda

Another question about schooling..................SORRY

Anyone with kids that go to Brighton High School?

Good/Bad, I would appreciate any feedback.

What is their feeder school as my daughter has 1 year to go in Primary school, and I want to live in the area that will accommodate primary and high school.

Thanks

Belinda

Hi Belinda

Some of the schools take the kids in from 12 years old and they do year 7 in High School.

Brighton is a lovely area. but dont know about the schools there.

Regards

Desiree

Another question about schooling..................SORRY

Anyone with kids that go to Brighton High School?

Good/Bad, I would appreciate any feedback.

What is their feeder school as my daughter has 1 year to go in Primary school, and I want to live in the area that will accommodate primary and high school.

Thanks

Belinda

Hi Belinda

Contact "Annecke" (look on the Adelaide forum) on the forum as she lives in Brighton (Nice area - on the sea side of the railway line:):ilikeit::)) and recently enrolled her son there. Apparently he enjoys it and is very happy there :ilikeit: I have seen the school on numerous occassions and the physical environment and facilities look good.

There are a number of schools in that area (public and private) so I see no problem with feeder schools.

Enjoy!

Manny

Hi Belinda.

Look at: High School zoning

If you look at the links on the left of the page you will find a range of useful resources regarding schooling. I can only think of Brighton PS in that zone, but someone else may have more info. There is an alternative to getting into Brighton HS and that is to audition for a place on their special interest music or volleyball programs. You can live outside the zone for those, but your child will have to study music or volleyball up to year 12. I don't know much about the volleyball program, except that Brighton has a fantasti sports center because of it, with electronic whizz-bang sports analysis equipment, plasma screens and cameras in the gym etc. Very impressive. Their music program is arguably one of the best in the state nd they certainly win lots of competitions. If your child has any interest in music whatsoever, I would try and get her into that. The opportunities are fantastic.

Brighton is one of a very small handful of State High schools I would recommend.

Belinda, also have a look on the Adelaidebrits and Pomsinadelaide forums. There are many discussions on schools on both of those and I personally know a coupld of Brits with kids in Brighton who have moved them there from other schools.

Here is the school website:

http://www.brightonss.sa.edu.au/#

The area is good as well with the bulk of the students from middle-class, professional families with high expectations, which usually filter through to the kids. My daughter's (18) contribution: Brighton kids love to party. I know there have been issues with house parties going wild in that area, but I also know they were caused by outsiders from further south gatecrashing and wanting to cause trouble.

Good luck, speak soon

Annette

Oh I forgot, I was going to add this as well. It's a map of the Brighton Secondary school zone.

A

Brighton_SS_zon_1.doc

thanks for your help once again

Hi Belinda.

Look at: High School zoning

If you look at the links on the left of the page you will find a range of useful resources regarding schooling. I can only think of Brighton PS in that zone, but someone else may have more info. There is an alternative to getting into Brighton HS and that is to audition for a place on their special interest music or volleyball programs. You can live outside the zone for those, but your child will have to study music or volleyball up to year 12. I don't know much about the volleyball program, except that Brighton has a fantasti sports center because of it, with electronic whizz-bang sports analysis equipment, plasma screens and cameras in the gym etc. Very impressive. Their music program is arguably one of the best in the state nd they certainly win lots of competitions. If your child has any interest in music whatsoever, I would try and get her into that. The opportunities are fantastic.

Brighton is one of a very small handful of State High schools I would recommend.

Belinda, also have a look on the Adelaidebrits and Pomsinadelaide forums. There are many discussions on schools on both of those and I personally know a coupld of Brits with kids in Brighton who have moved them there from other schools.

Here is the school website:

http://www.brightonss.sa.edu.au/#

The area is good as well with the bulk of the students from middle-class, professional families with high expectations, which usually filter through to the kids. My daughter's (18) contribution: Brighton kids love to party. I know there have been issues with house parties going wild in that area, but I also know they were caused by outsiders from further south gatecrashing and wanting to cause trouble.

Good luck, speak soon

Annette

Archived