Looking for a diving buddy!!

KangaRoux

Hey all,

I am living in Secret Harbour (45 min South of Perth), I am looking for some South Africans around this area to go diving with, I got myself a Lobster fishing license but I need a dive buddy who can join me on a weekly basis to scuba/snorkel and get some Cray's!!!

The sun is up about 4:30 in the mornings so we can go before work/ weekends/afternoons .....doesn't matter as long as we get them and afterwards we can have a Cray Braai and a few beers!!!!!

Cheers,

Also would like to hear from divers, but in NSW (Sydney)?

I need to get wet - as soon as my container arrives.

Don't move. Stay where you are. Will be there in 2011

PS: How many crays can you take a day? And how big are those crays?

Don't move. Stay where you are. Will be there in 2011

PS: How many crays can you take a day? And how big are those crays?

Ha, Ha ha.........Dont worry im going nowhere, this place is magic!!!

You are allowed 6 per day in this area and 24 in total in your freezer, the minimum size you can take is 77mm between the spikes on its head and the back of the carapace.

The sizes are fairly small and you mostly get ones that is just legal size, but it still is a good feed!!! the seasons run from 15 November to 31 march, here is great diving spots ..........you will not be dissapointed if you like diving.

Cheers,

Bar the Red Sea, I'm still to be convinced there are better diving spots than Sodwana.

Even the Great Barrier Reef....

Cant comment on the Red Sea, but can agree with you on the Great barrier Reef!!, It is very over commercialized and there is way too many people, make no mistake it is very beautiful and a must dive, but I believe there is better available all around Aussie.

As for Sodwana, its ok, but not better...........after all we did not have a good experience around those parts as we camped not far from Sodwana and during the night they tried to rob us.

So Sodwana will not see me again.................Aussie has alot more to offer!!!

Cheers,

I'm sorry to hear about the robbery part. Not very pleasant.

Friends of mine camped there often (inside the reserve) and they used to 'rent' one of the local boys to clean and look after their stuff. But that aside, Sodwana is definitely up there when things go under the water.

Me, .... cant wait to get to the Great Barrier reef, before it dies.

Yes I hear everybody is talking about ningaloo, will definately go up there some tome in the future!!!!

We're arriving in January, going to Mandurah, so really close to you. I think hubby should join you some times. We're scuba divers, but with us having two young children, the diving is currently on hold (mainly cause not allowed to dive while pregnant). But soon we'll be back in the water :) Can't wait. You'll have to show us around, pls!

Nothing surpasses Ningaloo....... :ilikeit: (but it's very remote and it's a big trip getting there...)

GBR??

Yes, lots of places that tourists go to all the time ,but remember that it is a HUGE thing and if you do enough research, you will find plenty of places that people don't normally go to.

I have to say that diving in Aus generally leaves RSA in the weeds (Sodwana included, I'm afraid) ...the number of small islands that you can paddle to and then snorkel/dive are countless.

Have you guys checked out www.diveoz.com.au - it's the most comprehensive dive site I've come across; got a dive buddy directory too.

My first day of my holidays is Thursday; taking my kayak over to Magnetic Island to Florence Bay and going to snorkel.

Life can be very tough over here.... :ilikeit:

Thanks for the website I will check it out, enjoy your holiday!!

Yes definately, the water is like the island blue you only see on the movies and here in WA there is heaps of islands and reefs too explore..........life is tough as you said!!!!

HA,Ha :ilikeit:

Enjoy

We're arriving in January, going to Mandurah, so really close to you. I think hubby should join you some times. We're scuba divers, but with us having two young children, the diving is currently on hold (mainly cause not allowed to dive while pregnant). But soon we'll be back in the water :ilikeit: Can't wait. You'll have to show us around, pls!

Hi Netta,

Yes definately, I will be pleased to help you out on arrival, Mandurah is great and close to Secret Harbour..........we normally go there for shopping ,movies etc.

My wife also done her scuba course but we also have a five year old daughter, so it is hard for us to go together. When you all arrive and is settled we can go to the beach and do shore dives.

My wife is also on this forum under the name "Mho" we should get in contact and we will help as far as possible :ilikeit:

See ya,

Nothing surpasses Ningaloo....... :santa: (but it's very remote and it's a big trip getting there...)

GBR??

Yes, lots of places that tourists go to all the time ,but remember that it is a HUGE thing and if you do enough research, you will find plenty of places that people don't normally go to.

I have to say that diving in Aus generally leaves RSA in the weeds (Sodwana included, I'm afraid) ...the number of small islands that you can paddle to and then snorkel/dive are countless.

Have you guys checked out www.diveoz.com.au - it's the most comprehensive dive site I've come across; got a dive buddy directory too.

My first day of my holidays is Thursday; taking my kayak over to Magnetic Island to Florence Bay and going to snorkel.

Life can be very tough over here.... :santa:

1 200km's north of Perth! Yo. Thay is somewhat remote............

Archived