Great Bike Ride this Sunday

Joeemm

Hi All

Just wondered how many other forum members are riding the Great Bike Ride on Sunday? How many like me have done sooo litle training this is a training ride not a race anymore :-)

Joseph

Hi All

Just wondered how many other forum members are riding the Great Bike Ride on Sunday? How many like me have done sooo litle training this is a training ride not a race anymore :-)

Joseph

That is bike as in bicycling? I will in Perth from next Sunday (29th), any nice rides or races then?

Me and my bike will be available for a ride/race from the 28th (Nov) to the 7th (Dec)

Jacques

Hi Jacques

Yup its a Bike ride for a number of charities in Perth, similar to the 94.7 ride in Jhb and the Argus tour, only much smaller scale. There is another similar ride, but its in March every year (nice straight up the freeway/highway).

I'm not aware of any mass events as such during the time you are here, but you can always hook up with one of the bike shop rides which happen almost everyday with longer ones on weekends (only catch... they tend to be early ;-) ).

I'm not sure what my own schedule looks like other than I'm working during the period, so maybe let me know via pm when you are in town maybe we can do a ride up the coast a bit, I generally ride from Hillay's boat harbour up to Ocean reef +/- 30 km's on road. I have friends more into mountain biking, they know some nice off road routes inthe Perth hills.

Safe riding mate

:-)

Hi All

Joseph

A bunch of blokes and gals from Bike Force Joondalup will be at the race in full force. Look out for the Bike Force kit. I will be on the sidelines cheering on account of a broken hand from an mtb fall (surgery and 12 weeks later).

Good luck for race and have fun!!

Griffcat

Hi Jacques

Yup its a Bike ride for a number of charities in Perth, similar to the 94.7 ride in Jhb and the Argus tour, only much smaller scale. There is another similar ride, but its in March every year (nice straight up the freeway/highway).

I'm not aware of any mass events as such during the time you are here, but you can always hook up with one of the bike shop rides which happen almost everyday with longer ones on weekends (only catch... they tend to be early ;-) ).

I'm not sure what my own schedule looks like other than I'm working during the period, so maybe let me know via pm when you are in town maybe we can do a ride up the coast a bit, I generally ride from Hillay's boat harbour up to Ocean reef +/- 30 km's on road. I have friends more into mountain biking, they know some nice off road routes inthe Perth hills.

Safe riding mate

:-)

Thanks

I contacted bike force and will hook up with them. Any of your MTB mates around Scarborough area or I dont mind riding to them?

Those hills arround Perth does sound good, can't wait to explore... I will need Aus topo maps for my garmin edge 705.

Jacques

Hi There

Sorry to hear about your hand, sounds painfull, anyway, I did the ride 53km, amaized I finished in just over 2 hrs. But would you believe I let my time band at home and although its "not a race" the buggers won't record my best every time in the race (I've done it twice before with more training would you believe). I saw lots of Bike Force Shirts I must say, so good on those guys.

Anyway, were in Kingsley, so Joondalup is a bit far to go for the morning rides, but you never know we may make the effort on a Saturday morning.

Joseph

Archived