Families in Tasmania Hobart

antcindy

Hi All,

We are moving to Hobart begining of Jan 2010, don't know anybody!!

We would love to get in contact with any SA families living there.

Hi AntCindy.

We live here in Hobart, lots of South Africans here, perhaps not as many as in other parts but it seems a lot. There is also a SATAZ group I will forward the last email to you if you PM me your email address.

Cheers,

Bric

Hi AntCindy.

We live here in Hobart, lots of South Africans here, perhaps not as many as in other parts but it seems a lot. There is also a SATAZ group I will forward the last email to you if you PM me your email address.

Cheers,

Bric

Hi Bric,

Thanks for replying, our email : anthonyb.lombard@yahoo.com

Regards

Anthony

hi guys,

i have just sent you a PM....

Jackie

Hi There

We have been in Hobart Tasmania since 22 June 2009 and are loving it - It is a little piece of paradise and the SOuth Africans we have met are all great - Also belong to SATAZ..

Please PM me if you need any info or are looking to meet upon arrival - We are a Family of 6 ( eldest son has moved on to Brisbane now) but still have 3 other children ( 13, 5, and 4 )

All settled and so happy here.

Look forward to meeting with you.

Brenda & Nick

• 3 weeks later...

Hi AntCindy

Tasmania is a fantastic island, especially if you love nature.

We just spend a week driving around and i will trade Melbourne for Tasmania any day. (more peaceful and quiet)

Sitting on Mt.Wellington at night, over looking Hobart is special.

Many kangaroo's, possyms and other little creatures appear on the drive down.(just a pity one cook your brakes on the way down)

Hobart is a big city, much bigger than what we thought it would be. Launceston just as big and busy.

All the streams, rivers, lakes - just water every where and full of brown and rainbow trout. :lol:

Cradle Mountain area is stunning.

Travelling past farming areas you can see and smell the rich, dark brown soil.

Nothing we have been told or read in information pamphlets does justice to the Island.

You will enjoy Tasmania.

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

Hi AntCindy

We have lived in Tasmania since Aug 2008. Please drop us a line when you get here. Tasmania is beautiful and I am sure you will be very happy here. There are lots of SA families here :-)

We are a family of 4 - with 2 boys, aged 14 and 10.

Please shout if we can help in any way.

I dont' come on the forum often, but my e-mail address is atkins_family@optusnet.com.au

All the best :lol:

Archived