passport for baby

Iron-gut

My wife and I are about to have a baby soon and we have been advised by DIMIA to wait till the baby is born before they will issue PR. They await babies birth certificate, medicals and passport. Can the baby get its own passport which presume we will need to apply for a south african passport or does the baby go onto the mother or fathers passport.

It seems that you can no longer have a child on a parent's passport. We have just picked up the passport forms for ours - the department of home affairs has requested a certified copy of our child's birth certificate.

Regards,

Stuart

You must apply for a child visa, valid for 5 years. They need signature of both parents, birth certificate and passport photos for the baby.

(Very cute!)

You can PM Lindy-Lee as she has just done the same thing recently, apparently it only takes two weeks or something.

While in hospital for our daughter's birth in October, we found out about a company called Regi-Serve. We got her unabridged birth certificate and passport through them. They asked a processing fee, but we found them very convenient, since they had a postal box in the hospital where you can drop your request for documentation (payment included) and they have send the documents back to the hospital about a month later.

Apparently they can also handle some documentation for adults.

You can inquire at your hospital or phone them on 012-343-7000

Hope it helps - we found them very helpfull.

Firstly...register baby's birth in OZ. DIMA accepts aussie birth cerificate (SA birth cert takes 6-9 months) We applied August and still waiting for it :ilikeit: Aussie one we received within 2 days of mailing it to them :ilikeit:

When applying for baby passport (about 6 months wait) apply for temp passport as well. takes about 2-3 weeks (issued in Canberra) Accepted by DIMA as well.

We were told the same thing but we were issued our PR on baby Oz birth certificate and temp passport (and had to take her for medicals, not even 2 minutes)......still waiting for passport and birth cert from SA. As soon as we receive her passport, visa will just be trfed to that one.

Are you on a 457 now...if so...Our baby was accepted onto 457 with just the aussie birth cert and temp passport...no worries!

Hope this clarifies it for you, but if any more questions feel free to PM me any time.

God luck with baby and may you get a perfect bundle of joy :ilikeit:

Lindy-Lee

:ilikeit:

Hi

Thanks for your frrdback on this.

Just to clarify, we are living in Perth and on a 457 visa.The baby will be born in Perth.

Would we be able to apply for an ausie passport or a sa passport?

Hi

Thanks for your frrdback on this.

Just to clarify, we are living in Perth and on a 457 visa.The baby will be born in Perth.

Would we be able to apply for an ausie passport or a sa passport?

Sorry guys :) You must apply for a SA passport for baby. I think if you had residency already then yu could apply for aussie passport for baby. But now baby must go onto your PR application as well.

What hospital are you looking at? I was a Glengarry Private hospital and it is a fantastic hospital.

Good luck with baby. Shout if I can help with anything, I'm not that far from u guys :blush: Can pm my details to you if you want, just let me know.

Lindy-Lee

;)