Calling all Joondalup experts

Almost Aussie

The time has come for us to move on from a rental to our own property. We’ve been to many open homes and found something we like in Joondalup. I see plenty of primary schools in the area but only the Joondalup Baptist College for secondary schooling? Am I missing the other secondary schools and if so, what can you tell/warn me about them.

Feedback much appreciated.

The time has come for us to move on from a rental to our own property. We’ve been to many open homes and found something we like in Joondalup. I see plenty of primary schools in the area but only the Joondalup Baptist College for secondary schooling? Am I missing the other secondary schools and if so, what can you tell/warn me about them.

Feedback much appreciated.

As far as I know, there isn't a secondary public school in Joondalup. I believe students can go to one of Ocean Reef High or Kinross....not sure if there are others as well, possibly Woodvale High too. Joondalup Baptist is the only seconday school actually in Joondalup, whether public or private.

Dear Almost Aussie

There is no government secondary school in Joondalup.

The schools depending on your area are either Kinross College which is for years 8- 10

The Mindarie College for Year 11 + 12

or Beldridge Senior High School

Lake Joondalup Baptisit College is a Semi Private school

The is also Mater Dei which is a Catholic Senior School Year 8-12 and from next year will be from Middle school Year 7- 12.

In 2011 the Catholic Schools will have 2 campus starting with middle school Year 7- 12 . One Campus will be for Boys and 1 Campus will be for girls

Ocean Reef senior does not feed from Joondalup, so unless you live in the area and the same applies to Woodvale Senior High- Joondalup is not the feeding area for this school.

Hope that helps

Regards

Enrica

PS sorry forgot to say, good luck with the house hunting

Regards

Enrica

PS sorry forgot to say, good luck with the house hunting

Thanks your feedback was of enormous value and this basically disqualifies Joondalup from my list, unless my boss doubles my tip and I could afford 3 kids in the Baptist College ïŠ

We saw some nice houses in Heathridge which was an unknown suburb to me until I was told the houses are actually in Heathridge and not Ocean Reef. I got confused as this is a stone throw from Ocean Ridge tennis club and the government school.

Is/are Heathridge and/or Connoly feeder areas for Ocean Reef secondary and any comments on the school? I haven't heard anything on the school, neither positive nor negative but my wife heard good things about the school.

Once again I appreciate all feedback.

Hi Almost Aussie

Ocean reef Senior High School feeds the following areas:_

Ocean Reef, Mullaloo, Beaumaris, Iluka and part of Connolly, Currambine and Heathridge.

The best would be to call the school and check if the street that you are interested in falls in their area

http://www.oceanreef.wa.edu.au/about/history.html

Regards

Enrica

Hi Almost Aussie

Ocean reef Senior High School feeds the following areas:_

Ocean Reef, Mullaloo, Beaumaris, Iluka and part of Connolly, Currambine and Heathridge.

The best would be to call the school and check if the street that you are interested in falls in their area

http://www.oceanreef.wa.edu.au/about/history.html

Regards

Enrica

Due to many of the private schools incorporating year 7 into high school, a lot of the public high schools i.e. Duncraig High School will allow out of area students to enroll before end of June, therafter the school will only consider children in the feeder areas to enrol. I am sure this would apply to many of our government high schools, as their year 8 numbers are down from previous years, as people opt for the private school route, it would be worth finding out from the schools you would like to attend.

Noele

Archived