Looking for a place to stay.

Johan du Toit

I am struggling to find a place to stay. We will arrive in Perth on 6 Feb 2010 and will depart on 13 Feb 2010. We will rent a car during our stay. The only thing that is important is that there is air-conditioning. I struggle in the heat here in Cape Town, so I will probably suffer in Perth. We have a maximum of $700 to spend on accommodation.

I have been applying via all the major websites, but if they advertise "From $500" per week, they quote $900.

We have quite a few friends in Perth, but I will NEVER ask them to accommodate us. It is just not my style.

Any advice will be appreciated.

February is still peak season in Perth. You will be hard pressed to find accommodation for $700.00 per week.

You could try the caravan parks like Karrinyup Waters

Good luck

Regards

Enrica

Hi Werner

I have also been searching the web and

Karrinyup Waters looks realy good. Here is another site you can try.

ww.rent-a-home.com.au

Thanks

Desiree

Found this at the Criterion Hotel in Perth...have no idea what its like! But a for your dates for a double room, is exactly $700 http://www.hotelclub.net/directhotel.asp?i...kout=2010-02-13

this website is for rooms at $115 for a double. http://www.mountwayapartments.com.au/apartment-rates-perth/ they are self catering apartments with an outddor bbq

Another option is too wait closer to the time and book accom with one of the last minute deals websites. you can pick up some really good bargains, but obviously run the risk of NOT getting accom, or havning to stay at a couple of different hotel. You could also call or send an email to some of them and ask them to better their rack rate, sometimes when you ask they will give discounts.

Hope this helps

Candice

Hi Werner

We arranged accomodation through a lady called Edith in Perth when we were there in April. VERY GOOD rates and neat and tidy accomodation. Let me know if you want me to PM you her e-mail address.

Cheers

Cravell

Hey Mate it may not be your style to stay with friends, but you might want to rethink that if you don't find anything. I know if my friends stayed in a hotel that would cost them dear even if they had the money I would be very upset ... would wonder if we not good enough to ask for help.

Just a thought. :D

Archived